cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issues - WIFI(Intel)/LAN(Realtek)

M7meedo
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I just got my G751JY today, and ASUS gifted me with the following annoying network issues. I cannot download anything neither wirelessly nor cable. All my downloads are ended up as corrupted files or stuck on %99.9. I have updated intel and realtek drivers, flashed the bios to 205, and had my win8.1 updated. I had also tried reverting back to factory settings, but nothing has change.

Youtube videos are stuck on IE. And they don't even work on google chrome browsers. every webpage has to be refreshed couple of times to show the content of the page and even the pre-installed Steam was stuck on an update loop (reaching 99% then reverting back to 0).

If anyone had faced similar issues and found a work around please share them with us.
14 REPLIES 14

fidelity101
Level 7
Do non-network related products work? It sounds more like a corrupt HDD than a bad network card if everything is stalling and failing like that.

Try a hard drive scan utility...or just return the laptop for a replacement if possible. Knock on wood, mine has been great out of the box other than the issues I'm having with Amazon and the GeForce CHOOSE YOUR PATH promotion.

cykelman
Level 7
M7meedo wrote:
Hello everyone,

I just got my G751JY today, and ASUS gifted me with the following annoying network issues. I cannot download anything neither wirelessly nor cable. All my downloads are ended up as corrupted files or stuck on %99.9. I have updated intel and realtek drivers, flashed the bios to 205, and had my win8.1 updated. I had also tried reverting back to factory settings, but nothing has change.

Youtube videos are stuck on IE. And they don't even work on google chrome browsers. every webpage has to be refreshed couple of times to show the content of the page and even the pre-installed Steam was stuck on an update loop (reaching 99% then reverting back to 0).

If anyone had faced similar issues and found a work around please share them with us.

I recently had the same problem, but i restored my system to before that point which fixed it for me. If you have a restore point, try that.

cykelman
Level 7
Same problem here, worked after a system restore for a few hours then started again, suspect the wireless card and its drivers.

cykelman wrote:
Same problem here, worked after a system restore for a few hours then started again, suspect the wireless card and its drivers.

cykelman, did Windows update update the driver for the Wireless card after the restore? That may be what is going on. Turn off automatic updates, and go through them manually as they come in. If you know the patch that is installing the bad Wireless driver you can mark it Hidden, and it won't get included in the patches to install each time you do an update.

I have mine set this way because I like to look at the patches before they are applied to my PC, and I usually delay a week before applying new patches unless there is a particular security patch that seems immediately essential. I usually have my drivers updated to the point I never see Microsoft driver patches - but it has happened - and that is my cue to go looking for that patch from the OEM or Asus on my own and apply it myself - then recheck for Microsoft Updates and their driver patch is no longer listed.

When installing Windows from scratch, or while restoring using Asus Backtracker recovery flash or from F9 I always do it with no internet enabled - if I can't affect the wireless I turn off my router or wireless so that I can go in and disable automatic updates from Microsoft and uninstall the Asus Live update app.

If you find the Microsoft patch in question in history now, you can know what to look for later, and maybe uninstalling that patch and installing the original driver with Asus Install (in C:\eSupport) will solve the problem for now.

heppsan
Level 7
M7meedo wrote:
Hello everyone,

I had the exact same issues with my new Asus Rog G751JY that I got two weeks ago.
I sent that one back, and got a new one with the same problems!..

The second one I got "working", as far as getting it to download the Nvidia driver and update steam after installing a patch to the Bios that I got from Asus support, and reinstall to factory settings.
But then windows update didn't work, and games on steam was downloading with only 50 to 500 KB/s, and this despite that I measure my broadband to 30 MB/s!!???..

I sent this one back as well, and really hope I get a working one this time!..

xdr
Level 7
Uninstall Asus GameFirst III service.

This. Seconded. Good luck.
--
bc

xdr wrote:

I have now downloaded R3E - 11.4GB, and it was holding a rock steady 3.5 MB/s the whole time. 😄
Thank you so much for this info!!!

xdr wrote:

This also worked for me, after many hours of hair pulling. Thanks xdr! 😄