cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G750JM wireless adapter

spilios
Level 7
It seems that my ASUS ROG G750JM is the only device in my home network that has issues with loading web pages or even accessing my router's web interface. It's painfully slow. One of the solutions I've tried was to disable/remove my wireless adapter's driver but no luck. I would like to replace my wireless adapter for something new. The problem is I don't have experience with this particular piece of hardware. Can anyone recommend an adapter other than the Broadcom 802.11ac that came with the PC? If not, is there a particular specification of wireless adapters that I should look for? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Dinooz
Level 7
Spilios,
I have just gone thru this procedure replacing my Qualcomm card in G750JX. After searching around and asking questions I had to go it alone. I tried the Intel 7260 dual band card and the laptop wouldn't even power on so that was out.Contemplated the "Killer" wireless card but read many bad reviews. You say you have the broadcomm card,is it dual band? Is your Router dual band 2.4ghz and 5ghz?.

What I came across and works is the AzureWave (Broadcom) AWCE123H BCM94352HMB, latest driver ends in 250 and can be downloaded from "station drivers" including the Blutooth suite.

Make sure the firmware on your modem/router is up to date. The original Qualcomm card gave me a speed of 72/144ghz,with the new card I am now getting 866.5 ghz on the 5 ghz frequency with no drop outs,and perfectly stable. I am not sure what the broadcomm card is in a JM have look in your device manager and compare the numbers to the one I just gave you. I bought my card thru ebay and it came from china for $45

Cheers Dino

Jaitsu
Level 7
I don't know much about replacement adapters, but I do know this: if you have Bluetooth turned on, it can interfere with the wireless adapter, since they're on the same chip - in my experience, it especially effects 5 GHz networks. If you have Bluetooth turned on and aren't using it, try turning it off and see if the connection improves.

spilios
Level 7
Thank you both for the responses. Turning bluetooth off didn't improve anything in my case. I have contacted the ASUS support team that answers questions on Amazon but I don't think they monitor their email. I'll probably have to ask a question on the Amazon product page.

spilios wrote:
Thank you both for the responses. Turning bluetooth off didn't improve anything in my case. I have contacted the ASUS support team that answers questions on Amazon but I don't think they monitor their email. I'll probably have to ask a question on the Amazon product page.

spilios, the support for your laptop through Asus is through:

https://vip.asus.com

Create a login, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry with plenty of details - what make/model of Wifi card your laptop has and what make / model of router you are using. Including the driver version for the wifi card and firmware version for the router will help speed things along. The more info you can provide, such as what you have tried so far, will help reduce the emails back and forth to gather the info they need to help.

You could start here, post that info as above so we can help you debug the problem 🙂