cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do Ubisoft games run better under Windows 7/8?

Tindreal
Level 7
Hey all!
I previously owned a G751JZ and now I own the G751JY and I experience the same thing on both machines. Ubisoft games are much smoother under Windows 7! Why?! Windows 8.1 should be the superiour gaming OS thanks to fune tuning on MS side ...
I have tested AC4 Black Flag, FC3 and Watch Dogs.
In AC4 and FC3 when the FPS drops below 60, I can see a little frameskip udner 8.1. Same thing under 7/8, but it occurs much less time, the games can hold the stable 60 FPS much better.
Watch Dogs is also interesting...with JZ and the JY the FPS drops by 15-20 while driving and when this happens the game stutters. There is no FPS drop or stutter when using Windows 7 or 8.

Any idea why this is happening? When I tried these games with the JZ, they were running off from a Samsung 840 evo SSD.

Windows 7 is not really operating as intended with the JY, since factory Bluetooth and Lan drivers are not compatyble and monitor brightness can not be changed in Windows, only with FN+F? keys...and I dont want to use Windows 8, since I cant stand that UI.

Any idea what can I do to make these games run as smooth as they do on Windows 7 and 8?
3 REPLIES 3

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Why yes..... uninstall 8.1

I guess the question is, did you have Windows 8 and upgrade to 8.1? Or was Windows 8.1 pre-installed?

Have you tried running the games in compatibility mode to see if the problem persists?

I haven't noticed any issues with my JT but I left the factory 8.1 on it. Minus a few unneeded app uninstalls.

KoolASUS
Level 7
No problem with Windows 8 here. (NOT 8.1)
And still using the old 311.83 drivers. (geforce 780M)