cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G751JT with black vents???

pit_ns
Level 8
Hi,

Is there a version of G751JT (geforece 970m) with black vents instead of red? I would really prefer that since I think it would look like more seriously.

I also found picture where vents are closed and hidden but I have no idea how that is possible?

Any idea???
12 REPLIES 12

andreacos92
Level 9
I think there is no version of G751 with black vents.
Probably it's possible to dissassemble them, paint black and re-assemble.. but obviously this will void the warranty.

Where is this picture with closed vents? Post it 🙂

hmscott
Level 12
pit_ns wrote:
Hi,

Is there a version of G751JT (geforece 970m) with black vents instead of red? I would really prefer that since I think it would look like more seriously.

I also found picture where vents are closed and hidden but I have no idea how that is possible?

Any idea???

pit_ns, a google search on images found this image, and listing:

G751JT-DH72 w/ Core i7-4710HQ, 16GB, 2 x 1TB, Blu-Ray Combo, 17.3in FHD, GTX 970M, Win 8.1
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX54229

Where did you see the closed vents?

hmscott wrote:
pit_ns, a google search on images found this image, and listing:

G751JT-DH72 w/ Core i7-4710HQ, 16GB, 2 x 1TB, Blu-Ray Combo, 17.3in FHD, GTX 970M, Win 8.1
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX54229

Where did you see the close vents?

Hi hmscott

According to Asus site, that's the G751JM, the one with GTX 860m.
G751JY and G751JT with GTX 980m/970m have the bigger red vents.

Imho, many reseller report wrong/casual images of G751, non the exact images of the specific model they sale.
I think it's better to ask to the reseller if there're some doubts about images/specifications. 🙂

andreacos92 wrote:
Hi hmscott

According to Asus site, that's the G751JM, the one with GTX 860m.
G751JY and G751JT with GTX 980m/970m have the bigger red vents.

Imho, many reseller report wrong/casual images of G751, non the exact images of the specific model they sale.
I think it's better to ask to the reseller if there're some doubts about images/specifications. 🙂

andreacos92, I agree, I only wanted to point out where pit_ns might have seen it 🙂

And, I am not a fan of the red accents, but then again, it really isn't that bad - it adds a touch of style without going overboard. As compared to the old black on black it has color, but it's tasteful and well done.

hmscott wrote:
andreacos92, I agree, I only wanted to point out where pit_ns might have seen it 🙂

And, I am not a fan of the red accents, but then again, it really isn't that bad - it adds a touch of style without going overboard. As compared to the old black on black it has color, but it's tasteful and well done.

I think that pit_ns saw this

and thought that it's a picture of the back of the laptop, with the lid open.
Instead, it should be a picture of the TOP of the laptop, with the lid closed 🙂

hmscott wrote:
This is my favorite over the top design from Asus 🙂

I think it would be cool if there was a G75x that had motorized vents that deployed with blowers glowing red too 🙂

Ready to take-off! 😄

This is my favorite over the top design from Asus 🙂

I think it would be cool if there was a G75x that had motorized vents that deployed with blowers glowing red too 🙂

pit_ns
Level 8
andreacos92 - you are right, that is what I saw ;D.

Would you guys go with geforce 970m or you think 860m is enough?

pit_ns wrote:
andreacos92 - you are right, that is what I saw ;D.

Would you guys go with geforce 970m or you think 860m is enough?

eheh, first time I saw that picture, I thought the same thing 😄

It all depends on your budget, as hmscott said, if you need it now buy the one you can afford.
If you can wait, I (personally) would go with the G751 with 970m.. it seems a very good card and it has not Optimus, but likely it has the red vents 🙂

toronto699
Level 13
970m is my vote , buy what u can afford