Did you mean: 

Overclock your G73JH for free with my release PLL when using with SetFSB Free

Retired
Not applicable
Blade may add his link back in here. Sorry for the confusion -xer0
16 REPLIES 16

grungeboy2
Level 10
so now you've got a chip on your shoulder against the makers of SetFSB?

troll much?

also this thread should probably be locked and deleted since you're trying to show people how to pirate SetFSB from the makers.

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
I've heard you get better performance OC'ing without using the turbo boost fix. try benchmarking an oc without the fix then with it, i believe if your not using turbo boost reversing that fix is the best way for oc. also it's a CMD that you want, regedit is for registry.
You Heard It From - ']['he (())riginal - ']['.(()).

Retired
Not applicable
What this is a custom control set, what are you talking about grungeboy. You need to use the Windows 7 timing fix or the OC will cause programs to go too fast, like make games or programs unstable.

JRd1st
Level 12
Dude, you just lost me. You're being a jerk. 😞
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Why would I be a jerk man? There was no reason to add that comment. I just gave the information how to overclock your processor while keeping it stable enough to use.

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
That's odd though, because clearly in the fix twin turbo thread a man got the best performance not using the fix and oc'n both the cpu and gpu by about 5 points benchmark... your welcome to check for yourself.
You Heard It From - ']['he (())riginal - ']['.(()).

chrsplmr
Level 18
Wha???
You spent all day yesterday ranting about how 'everything' and 'everyone' .... ect. ect. ect.
While you were posting this?

Did your laptop magically repair itself and wipe the screen?
Why cant you play nice?

What horrors have you visited upon that poor laptop before it was crippled? hahahahaa
We would really enjoy your positive input and exchange ideas and information with you,
but you cant throw sand at the other kids in the box. Sorry.
You will be treated with respect as you treat others.
A bunch of 'guyz and galz' here arent just gaming and overclocking....when they are not,
they are helping to cure cancer.........come in with respect...respect yourself...Try to ROG today.c.

Retired
Not applicable
That was not piracy. It was a custom control set that was created by somebody using the FREE version of SETFSB. Anybody can create their own PLL set for the free version. If this wasn't something that was allowed in the free version of SETFSB then that option to import a PLL would not be there in the first place. I wasn't providing the paid version of SETFSB. Neither was I providing the free version of SETFSB in the download, only the PLL. This is totally legal.

The problems with my notebook were not caused by me. My notebook is always taken care of and treated in the most gentle manner.

I've treated others with respect. I was commented on by several users which were an onslaught of negative comments with my RMA post and replied back to those users. That was all.

To the OriginalTO, try playing a game like The Witcher 2 without the fix, you'll see that the game does not run stable at all and the timing is off. You must use a program called WinTimerTester to make sure the clock timings aren't off, and you will see that without the Windows 7 Timing Fix that the computer is not stable.

As far as ASUSRog having a Folding@Home team to use their computers to fight multiple diseases, INCLUDING Cancer, to quote Barack Obama, "You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig"

Chastity was going to release this file on ROG but didn't. If she did, not a soul would have mentioned anything about piracy. Because it's not piracy. It's a PLL that uses the import option on the FREE VERSION! Not the PAID ONE!

xeromist
If the author of setfsb has no problems with this then the phrasing in your OP was misleading. Posting a link to a 3rd party file locker and saying it is retaliation against the software maker certainly sounds like piracy and everyone in this thread thought so as well.

If Chastity had posted this she would not have posted it with comments about retaliation and would have provided more explanation of what exactly she was providing. That is why there would not have been an issue, not because of some special exception.

Anyway, please respond to my PM regarding this and I'll have the admins review it.

Thanks!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…