cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG SWIFT Power Issues

scraggers
Level 7
Hi Guys,

Wondering if i'm missing something here or if anyone else has the same issue.

My monitor has been fine since I bought it upon release, however the last month or so I have this issue.

So when I leave my monitor plugged into the power and on press the off button, about 5-10 minutes later the monitor powers itself back on and displays the ROG logo. This has forced me to always unplug the monitor from the wall otherwise it turns itself on.
When it turns itself on windows makes that hardware sound and it says it finds a GSYNC display.
I know people have said that the gsync unit remains on for a little while, i'm wondering if this could be causing it turn back on?

I have done the following adjustments to other factors:
Unplugged the DP cable from PC, still turns on
Plugged the monitor into another power point, this actually changed things up for a bit and I couldn't turn the monitor back on unless I unplugged and replugged it. Weird
All drivers up to date
Attempting to turn it off several times.

Any ideas on this? I'd rather not send it back but it seems I may need to, i've seen bad things happen with RMA on here even though I am from Australia instead I still feel concerned.
1 REPLY 1

Dcode
Level 7
Exact same problem here. Worked ok for 3 months then started switching itself on in the night. Had to RMA. New one is OK but it started off silent and is stating to hiss like the old one did. Also chrome flickers when typing text into Google search. I am not confident these monitors will last the distance. If I could get my £700 back I would.