cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G751 Windows 7 drivers

ASUSWINDOWS7
Level 7
I am new to this website and i am sorry if people have already asked about this before, I understand now that some old ASUS G750 have available Windows 7 Drivers, I just bought a ASUS G751 JT and to my surprise there is no Window 7 64 bit drivers on ASUS website, I am dependent on Windows 7 because some programs I have don't run on Windows 8, I was wondering if windows 8 64 bit drivers work on windows 7 64 bit because i read that they do and if not could i download Window 7 ASUS G750 64 bit drivers on my G751 ?

Thanks guys.
14 REPLIES 14

Richdog
Level 7
If you did a few minutes research on both this forum and the ASUS support website you would know that only Windows 8.1 is supported.

thanks for the help

ASUSWINDOWS7 wrote:
thanks for the help

I know that PowerNotebooks.com will sell the G751 with Windows 7 Pro installed, so there MUST be drivers. There is a rep that monitors the G series notebooks on the Notebook Review forum. His screen name is "Meaker" Good Luck! 😉
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

Hello All,

I can confirm that Windows 7 64 Bit works fine I have amassed all the correct drivers including that of the Ethernet Driver (REALTEK).

I am including a ul.to link here -in in addition to the bios settings below that must be set first in order to ensure that Windows 7 installs correctly on this machine.

Just to confirm that I have purchased this model:
http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/G751JY-T7009H-ASUS-G751JY-T7009H_1665700.html

In my setup I got rid of the 256 M.2 HD and replaced it with a 500 GB SSD (SAMSUNG 840) - More space yes.. yes.. I know the original is faster but I needed more space. For the second hard drive I took out the 1TB stock drive and I put in a Samsung M9T 2TB 9.5mm SATA 2.5 inch Internal Hard Drive.

And before installing the OS you must act on these settings in the BIOS (F2) to boot into it.

When Machine boots up press F2 to go into BIOS.
Make sure to put the Windows 7 CD in so as to prep your machine.

1. Go to SECURITY->Security boot control-> DISABLE
2. Save changes and reboot
3. Go to BOOT->launch csm to enable -> launch PXE to enable
4. Save changes and reboot
5. Go to BOOT and choose BOOT from CD

Once you have installed Windows 7 please download my tested working drivers linked below via ul.to.
http://ul.to/j1hwugcj

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility if your machine does not work or if you erase your OS or are unable to boot your machine due to my instructions or any malice on your part. - GOOD LUCK !

dieselthirteen wrote:

Once you have installed Windows 7 please download my tested working drivers linked below via ul.to.
http://ul.to/j1hwugcj

Can you upload on other cloud service. Becouse this one is just want my money )) Not possible download for free.
Thanks and best regards!!!

Martin2008
Level 7
Hi all... you don't need any other drivers except for two however you must use Windows 7 Professional or better as to address the amount of memory used. The install is tricky, start the installation process as normal by deleting, cleaning and converting drive 0, install 7 then start over as the system will retain some of the Windows 8 details on the first install... you'll have to boot from a rescue disk if this happens because it will corrupt the drive. Imagine having a new laptop for the better part of a day then getting stuck at the bios screen.. Ha! The chipset and related drivers downloaded from Asus work fine except the two which are Windows 8 specific... make sure to install them in the correct sequence AFTER first installing the prerequisite Windows updates. You'll find that the Nvidia card is overclocked and it's drivers are therefore unstable at power down i.e. a normal power down will NOT work, currently working on a work around other than reducing the current card settings. To power down you'll need to disable the video card first each time.

I did not mention the two specific drivers or the exact Windows updates because if you don't already have an idea as to what they might be... you should probably ask for assistance other than trying to do this on your own. I was almost stuck with a brand new & dead laptop due to a corrupt drive but I have an old habit of making rescue disks first... this is not a good time for using the trial and error method and as I noted there will be a few unexpected complications.

pokerface
Level 9
I just tried a Windows 7 install and it ended with a big fail:

1) There is no Intel® Collaborative Processor Performance Control Driver for Windows 7 and the one which I got for Windows 8 will not install saying I do not meet the hardware requirements

2) On my previous G750JX and even on this G750JY, there is a serious bug in the keyboard on Windows 7 where if you start typing fast, it will skip some letter or type random letters. I tried installing the Keyboard Device Filter but it didn't change a thing.

Thus I think it is not worth the trouble unless you want to end up with a crippled laptop
ALIENWARE 18 Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ CPU @ 3.8 GHz (8MB Cache)
Graphics: Dual GeForce GTX 780M SLI 2x4 GB GDDR5 RAM
Sound: Realtek ALC668 HD Audio with Klipsch Speakers
Memory: 32 GB Kingston HyperX 1866 MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM
Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB SSD + Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB SSD + Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB mSATA SSD
Screen: Samsung LTM184HL01 18.4" WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display PLS 16:9 1080p [SDC4C48]

"1) There is no Intel® Collaborative Processor Performance Control Driver for Windows 7 and the one which I got for Windows 8 will not install saying I do not meet the hardware requirements"

It's there... it is part of the original Asus driver set which is upgraded by yet another driver for Windows 8. The problem is the bios set up favors the stock configuration and the altered Gpu settings. I've scanned my system 7 ways from Sunday... and it's solid as a rock. When you have a large game collection you can't live without... you find a way. But I agree with you. Better to have bought a Windows 7 platform to start with.

Asus used Windows 7 compliant drivers and added to them for 8. But if you install them out of proper sequence... it's BSOD. And if you do it right you can just reverse the process to use Windows 8.1 and upgrade to 10. But I'm not after this it's a tablet... I just bought an Asus notebook because the price was right. I have other systems including a Commodore 64 and a Commodore Amiga. My C64 has better games than what they're pushing these days. I've been doing this a long time... Windows 7 works.

pokerface
Level 9
For me on a clean install of Windows 8.1 I was able to install Intel® Collaborative Processor Performance Control Driver

Before installing it, I would gets 10s of errors in Event Viewer about it but they're gone now after I installed it
ALIENWARE 18 Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ CPU @ 3.8 GHz (8MB Cache)
Graphics: Dual GeForce GTX 780M SLI 2x4 GB GDDR5 RAM
Sound: Realtek ALC668 HD Audio with Klipsch Speakers
Memory: 32 GB Kingston HyperX 1866 MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM
Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB SSD + Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB SSD + Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB mSATA SSD
Screen: Samsung LTM184HL01 18.4" WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display PLS 16:9 1080p [SDC4C48]