cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify the driver on device Manager of the Swift PG278Q

The_Veterant
Level 7
Ok guys as the title stays, and I know that is installing the monitor drivers, but after I install windows 8.1 Pro clean install, still device manager don't recognize the monitor and even after install the latest nvidia driver as well, within the NVIDIA's control panel it show the the PG278Q, but not @ device manager in windows, the ASUS files that are in the web don't any any drivers for the monitor. The Monitor is working fine, just me that I will like to know where I can find the driver to have device manager fully recognize my hardware. Thanks for any info.
"I'm not an OCer just looking a good MENTOR". UyqtCojoXecQlo.". 😄
9 REPLIES 9

Volt
Level 9
I noticed that too. In my Win 8.1 device manager, it just shows up as "generic". Although in all the other sections that display what type of monitor is concocted, it does say PG278Q. Strange. It seems to function normally otherwise.

Costas
Level 10
Have you loaded the inf file for the monitor....?

If not, its avaiable for download in the support/download section for the Swift on the Asus website.

Mine shows up correctly in Device Manager once I loaded this file.

Mountainlifter
Level 10
The drivers are on the cd which came with the monitor in the folder PG278Q_WHQL

Costas
Level 10

Costas wrote:
If you cannot find your CD - here is the download link:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%20Monitors/ASUS_PG278_Windows_8_WHQL.zip

There I have it guy thanks much, install it shows "ASUS PG278Q" in the monitor tab @ device manager. thanks ones more, guy.
"I'm not an OCer just looking a good MENTOR". UyqtCojoXecQlo.". 😄

Costas
Level 10
Good stuff.... Glad you have it sorted now.

Volt
Level 9
That worked. Thank you.

xxxdisciplexxx
Level 7
What am I to do with the file posted above? I would like to know where and what to do with it because the CD does nothing when I put it in my disk drive lol.

Edit: I am a bit new to the computer world, but gave it a go on my own. Someone mind telling me if I did it right?

I went to device manager/monitor/update driver/extracted the folder from the file posted above to desktop/ then searched for file on desktop and it seemed to work.

Costas
Level 10
Yeh that will pretty much do it...

As you correctly said - Navigate into Device Manager/Monitor and select update driver - Then simply point it to the INF file.

Usually I just extract and place the file in a convenient folder on my drive rather than the desktop.