Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Never mind, I tried.

This has happened with Realtek drivers before, it gets solved, it takes time, there is nothing you can do about it except find a work around or take it back.

Pestering Marshall isn't going to get it fixed any sooner, but filing a Technical Inquiry with Asus, or a Complaint Feedback whether you keep the G751 or not, I encourage you to let Asus know your G751 is faulty.
    Keep fighting the good fight Hmscott, some of us have appreciation for your efforts here. Others seam to have more interested in complaining then anything else (particular reference to the USB port thread).

I share you attitude as well, and have the G751 for what it is worth.

Other than this issue my laptop is working perfectly, waiting for the fix is not a particular concern of mine.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Never mind, I tried.

This has happened with Realtek drivers before, it gets solved, it takes time, there is nothing you can do about it except find a work around or take it back.

Pestering Marshall isn't going to get it fixed any sooner, but filing a Technical Inquiry with Asus, or a Complaint Feedback whether you keep the G751 or not, I encourage you to let Asus know your G751 is faulty.
    I thought Marshall was from Asus ...... it says Asus HQ on his description and I thought this was an official Asus forum. I will try other options then as you suggest .... but considering that this is happening on multiple systems it is they that should be contacting me and other customers to put our minds at rest.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I thought Marshall was from Asus ...... it says Asus HQ on his description and I thought this was an official Asus forum. I will try other options then as you suggest .... but considering that this is happening on multiple systems it is they that should be contacting me and other customers to put our minds at rest.
    Paco, this is a owner to owner supported forum, hosted by Asus, and moderated by users.

We ROG owners, past and present, try to help out, sharing the solutions to new owners first questioning their experiences with their laptop. Reassuring them their fans are running often enough, and how to monitor the temperatures to self assure things are working well and as intended.

Usually the problems are easily solved and only require the patience to help the individual through the realization of the issues, stepping them through the process, and explaining the options for s solution. And, hanging in there as a group until the new owner's problem is resolved, or isolated to a hardware problem that requires a return, or RMA.

There are some Asus people here, like Marshall, that support the site, and do their best among their other tasks to feedback what they see here, and people like cl-albert will take PM's for users with extreme cases stuck in support. You will see Marshall's name on many of the articles posted in the main section outside the forums.

The Asus people here aren't the people you contact for support, you need to contact support directly to file an RMA or ask questions.

Like most large companies today, Asus front line support people use a runbook to give assistance, then escalate to the next level should they not have an adequate answer, it can take a number of email exchanges before a solution is given.

That's where these forums help out new owners. They can read the archive of posts, searching for their specific issue, or post a question or observation to get a response, usually 24/7 there is someone here to help.

The owners that came here for help, stay and help others, many thousands of people over the years, and many that don't post but only read quietly on their own and find the solution themselves from the existing postings.

There are some situations, like this, where there is no solution available, but history shows a solution in the form of a driver fix comes around in it's own time to resolve the problem.

There is little we can do toward a fix in this situation, that is up to the driver writers, but we try to bring new owners up to speed on the situation, be positive in suggesting they either take it back if they can't live with the problem and the work arounds for now, and provide support with alternatives until the fix arrives, if they decide to keep their laptop.

Welcome to the ROG Forums
    Last edited by hmscott; 12-10-2014 at 09:23 AM.

ROG Member Array

I have filed a complaint at ASUS website and it's already 2 days and it's still processing. I'm going to try and experiment with the Windows Registry if I can switch/remap the speakers from there to test out the theory of reverse speaker/subwoofer sound.

Others are welcome to try or give input if they have experience with doing this. Here is an article on remapping the speakers on a desktop via registry but essentially it should be the same with a laptop.

http://www.reaper-x.com/2012/02/13/h...d-jacks-ports/

ROG Member Array

Just got my G751 JY. I can only tell the sound control for the front is the only one that is functional. Other than that sound is ok. Coming from both sides. I'm Not gona be bothered with the sound problem because there are other things I think are much more important.

PS: is there a post to show how to update bios?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Polo just use the winflash utility, i think my JY model had it pre-installed. Updating the bios is super easy with that utility. You can find it on windows metro by pressing the magnifying glass and writing winflash.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I found out that ASUS G751JY has sound OK. I hope that Marshal and Asus FIX this problem.

New ROGer Array

I have the exactly same problem here. Just bought it yesterday, fresh out of box. ASUS representatives, it has to be fixed asap. So far no reply to my ticket as well.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I like you hmscott but you sound like a huge asus apologizer on page 8. We all including brs have the right to voice our demands and frustrations. Starting a thread and being all peaches and cream doesn't help anything. Explaining to aces not just on this message board but on all message boards that will excepted that we are not going to standby with a flawed product and just take it is the best route I can say to getting things done.

It took how many people getting upset and filing escalations and complaints just to get asus to ackknowledge there was even a problem. Look at how hard they try to say there was nothing wrong. It's bad business and bad customer service.

What BRS is asking for is completely reasonable. A timeframe on repairs and to know that all repairs will be covered. I know that I bought a Square trade warranty that I haven't even been able to start yet because I don't know if this laptop is going to work anyway. And I am sick and tired of hearing that speakers are the answer. The whole reason I got a laptop is to be able to take it on the go with just the bare necessities. I don't need to carry around a speaker system into a hotel or into a training class.

I think BRS is actually being very tame. As I have called for the mass return of any and all aces products until we get a response. Everything that I have a cyst that is return eligible is going back if we don't see a affix or update from the company directly soon. No more waiting no more games no more buying time. Because every week when I checked his board it seems like the timeline for repair is pushed out further and further. I just want this laptop to be what it could. Until that happens we cannot let up. This would be a much softer blow if anybody at Asus had responded to me or anyone else in this form to show that they gave a damn. Sorry if some things I said have errors I use voice text

ROG Enthusiast Array

And I'm tired of people calling this nitpicky or a minor issue. This is SOUND this is serious in terms of a laptops performance.

Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast