Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I have a headset, but when watching movies I want normal speakers. I want that fix! Otherwise I've got two years warranty, maybe wait a little and get a new generation G752 in a year or two.

New ROGer Array

I'm on the fence about buying a 751jt. Deciding factor will be whether this is reliably fixed. Please keep us informed of the fix status.
    Edit : baucse cn'at spail

ROG Member Array

It's amazing how they still didn't fix the sound issue after so many months and they keep selling them , instead of removing the bad batch from the market . Really makes me wonder if I should spend my money on a 751 when I can go with another laptop , with less power and slightly lower specifications , that will guarantee me a flawless machine (and let's be honest ... the amount of money this laptop costs should guarantee no flaws . It's still considered a premium object ).

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by th3d0ctor View Post
    It's amazing how they still didn't fix the sound issue after so many months and they keep selling them , instead of removing the bad batch from the market . Really makes me wonder if I should spend my money on a 751 when I can go with another laptop , with less power and slightly lower specifications , that will guarantee me a flawless machine (and let's be honest ... the amount of money this laptop costs should guarantee no flaws . It's still considered a premium object ).
    heres the deal, i have one of these, have been reading this thread daily and what it comes down to is that a lot of people dont care if they have good laptop sound as long as they hear something, plus , and this is the biggy, there are DIFFERENT issues with this same line in regards to sound, some work better than others, it does all revolve around a central theme of a sub that is void of low freq's and weak imbalanced rear,,,bec this product line is getting some good reviews from some people asus is less inclined to treat this as the pandemic it is....

ROG Member Array

I think every brand has its own potential problem. Some people care more about performance rather than "small" sound issue. As a company, Asus won't miss the chance of making the money when their laptops are cutting-edge. Plus the sound issue is not affecting all the g751 laptops.
    My thought is instead of complaining to people and make the thread really long, just rethink about what kind of laptop you are happy with and if you can bear the sound issue and solve it with a ear phone or speaker. Otherwise buy from another brand. There are so many choices!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by polo1jcw View Post
    I think every brand has its own potential problem. Some people care more about performance rather than "small" sound issue. As a company, Asus won't miss the chance of making the money when their laptops are cutting-edge. Plus the sound issue is not affecting all the g751 laptops.
    My thought is instead of complaining to people and make the thread really long, just rethink about what kind of laptop you are happy with and if you can bear the sound issue and solve it with a ear phone or speaker. Otherwise buy from another brand. There are so many choices!
    1) I suppose most people who bought a laptop with functional speakers would be happy with a laptop with functional speakers. When you paid for a certain package, it seems perfectly legitimate to demand that package.
    2) I don't think (and do no hope) Asus is positioning itself, as a brand with high profile gaming laptops, as a "meh, most of it kind of works, so..."
    3) "So many choices", with the same power, noise levels, heat management and price point ? I'm genuinely (no sarcasm) interested in hearing about those.
    Last edited by Meldorian; 01-26-2015 at 09:26 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

ps the 'sound issue' is solved with a fix from the company, not an accomodation on a customers part to buy something else to compensate for a factory mistake! that is completely preposterous

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raza0007 View Post
    I dont want to look like I only come here to throw mud at ASUS, but I also had similar concern, as I was thinking about getting a G751. However, a friend on mine on another forum mentioned that he bought an Asus G75 two years ago, and it too had exactly the same problem that the sub-woofer was producing all the sound. That problem according to him was not fixed by Asus. I will post a rog forum link below where this same person MarshallR has asked exactly the same question as he has done on this thread. His post is from two years ago. Scroll to the end of the thread where an Asus reseller writes that all Asus laptops are suffering from this problem and they have been unable to correct it by updating the drivers. The thread ends with no resolution. I do not think Asus is going to fix this issue for this model. You will have to wait for the G752 to get a resolution if any. Someone here should ask MarshallR whatever became of the similar problem with G75 from two years ago. Was it ever fixed? If it was not fixed, why not? and why does he believe this time the problem will be fixed. Here is the link to the thread:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=
    Couldn´t "someone here" be you since you/your friend are familiar with the issue on the older model?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by th3d0ctor View Post
    Unfortunately, all machines at this price range have issues. The new Alienware lineup also has its issues, even though they're supposed to be a premium product.

Sadly, it seems really hard to get a laptop without issues these days.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Marshal please Let us know some info about this fix. How long we will be expect. Is this still the first priority of asus?

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast