Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

I'm not told an ETA as I just hand over the info and they get on with it sorry. I will, however, feedback on the conclusion of any chat that aims towards an outcome

New ROGer Array

So, I'm still waiting for a resolution to this issue. I've only got a month left to return this laptop for full refund.

I'm not purchasing ASUS for a while after this. I had just suggested them to a friend, also. smh

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Well, never mind that last post - I've fixed my creaking issue, downgraded the ATK drivers to keep my backlit keyboard lighting on, and a fix for the speaker issue is looking good.

The only issue(s) I still have with the computer are:
    1. Placement of Macros Keys. (Though I can ge used to that, I guess...)
    2. Steam Button functioning as second "ON" button. (.... Seriously?)
    3. Soft. Touch. Finish. (Looks nice, until you touch it.)

Assuming the speaker issue is remedied before January 15th, I won't need to return my machine.

Keep the support coming, MarshallR!

ROG Enthusiast Array

BRS, would you mind sharing how you tweaked the drivers to keep the keyboard backlit to a constant setting? thanks

I uninstalled the ATK Drivers for the G751 (V.1.0.0037) and installed version 1.0.0028, which I got here under utilities.

Doing so removed the stupidly short backlight timer, and keeps the light on at all times, while letting you turn it off manually.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    I uninstalled the ATK Drivers for the G751 (V.1.0.0037) and installed version 1.0.0028, which I got here under utilities.

Doing so removed the stupidly short backlight timer, and keeps the light on at all times, while letting you turn it off manually.
    That's awesome that you found a fix for the backlight turning off. After installing this older driver, do your Shadowplay and Steam buttons still function correctly? Also, under which notebook is this particular driver listed for? I looked for it but did not see it.

Quote Originally Posted by geneticweapon View Post
    That's awesome that you found a fix for the backlight turning off. After installing this older driver, do your Shadowplay and Steam buttons still function correctly? Also, under which notebook is this particular driver listed for? I looked for it but did not see it.
    I link you to it in the post. On that page, it is listed under utilities.

Macro keys still seem to work, though shadowplay and steam keys seem to have been deactivated. (Which actually isn't that bad, at least for me and others who hate their placement.)

Also, shutting down the steam key means that's one less thing I can complain about, which is great.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I link you to it in the post. On that page, it is listed under utilities.
    Ahh okay, thanks. Unfortunately for me, I use the Shadowplay button a lot.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi, does speakers problem and usb problems can be solved by software updates? Or it is badly engineered products?

The speaker problem (assuming this is the speaker problem you have) can be solved via software, as far as we know. We're just waiting on the new drivers at the moment.

Regarding the USB issue, I have no idea. I suggest looking at that thread, and seeing if any progress has been made there. (It impacts me far less than the speaker issue, so I'm not too worried about it.)

Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast