Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Hello people,

I was looking to purchase the Asus G751, the CH71 version, and so I have been following this forum and this thread for the last 2-3 weeks.

I just signed up to ask you all a simple question:

Why are you all so optimistic that Asus will solve this issue? I mean do you all know something that I don't?

Apparently the problems with the G751 line, like the speaker/subwoofer issue and the left side usb ports not functioning properly has been an issue with previous Asus gaming laptops as well.

Please see these couple of links I was able to search quickly, I am sure there are more.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...ubwoofer-issue

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

These links are from 2012, Asus has not fixed the problems, why are you all hoping they will fix this speaker subwoofer issue now?

It appears to me to be a motherboard/wiring issue and Asus is still using the same motherboards in their newer models.

Had it not been for these speaker/subwoofer, left side usb ports and the IPS screen bleed issues that are plaguing this G751 line, I would have bought one around the 1st Jan already. As it is, as long as these issues are present the rest of the good specs does not make this a laptop worth buying.
    Last edited by Raza0007; 01-11-2015 at 03:51 AM.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    There's only one ASUS rep following this thread and he's providing information as he gets it. This forum just isn't the place to get attention. It's primarily a customer forum.
    This. We're handling this at the highest level in HQ, so our support teams will not be as privy to the situation as I am, but until I get something to say it's not worth me adding a perceptual "sorry no news", which is often not received positively. I understand you're frustrated and I am really sorry for the wait, but if I keep saying sorry I will end up sounding like the BP CEO in South Park. :P

I do have good news though - I have a limited beta driver that I can send people which has the sub/speaker volume balanced. It's not for public use but for this forum users who want to try it please PM me an email address and I will send you a download link on Monday. We are still working with our SWRD and our chip partners on a UI update that allows control over the subwoofer volume to suit each users preferred setting.
    Last edited by _; 01-12-2015 at 02:16 AM. Reason: I wrote BIOS I meant driver

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Thank you very much for the update Marshall, this is the exact kind of news we needed. I for one wouldn't have minded the "No news yet" updates, as they would at least show that you and ASUS are working on things.

Regardless, I'm sure I can speak for most of us here when I say that we're very grateful for the update and the news of a BIOS / Software fix.

I for one am nervous about updating my BIOS to a Beta release BIOS, even if it's for a fix. Assuming I use the Asus BIOS Flash utility, will I be covered for any bricking or similar that may happen? (I'm currently running BIOS v.205)

I just want to make sure, because having a fix on the horizon but ruining it would be... well.. Bad.

Thanks again!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by crudetrader View Post
    I Assume you mean this : Unzip Vbcmd_mute_int_woofer tool, and run Mute.exe., which just disables the woofer?, another fix was posted earlier i believe which said to remove realtek driver and just let windows find the driver (this would of course remove audio wizard and the equalizer function) which do you suggest?
    if you use headphones or external Speaker most of the time, I Would suggest the Mute Option (issue is you have to run the mute.exe every time you open your computer; adding it on startup doesnt work, you have to manually click this everytime). Problem with the removing the Realtek driver is, it also disable the Headphones Detection

Quote Originally Posted by Raza0007 View Post
    the left side usb ports not functioning properly has been an issue with previous Asus gaming laptops as well.
    This is already been solved by disabling the power saving management(it solves the connect/disconnect issue on USB devices connect on the Left USB port). on all USB root hub in device manager. hope this helps
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenCap.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	45360
    Last edited by dapogz; 01-11-2015 at 05:26 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

We're handling this at the highest level in HQ, so our support teams will not be as privy to the situation as I am, but until I get something to say it's not worth me adding a perceptual "sorry no news", which is often not received positively. I understand you're frustrated and I am really sorry for the wait, but if I keep saying sorry I will end up sounding like the BP CEO in South Park. :P
    That little paragraph does wonders Marshall. 3 1/2 weeks and no word had me seriously worried.

I do have good news though - I have a limited beta BIOS that I can send people which has the sub/speaker volume balanced. It's not for public use but for this forum users who want to try it please PM me an email address and I will send you a download link on Monday. We are still working with our SWRD and our chip partners on a UI update that allows control over the subwoofer volume to suit each users preferred setting.
    AWESOME! So it sounds like we are getting close. That is great news.

P.S. I understand you not wanting to be the BP rep haha.....

reminds me of when the banks were all screwed up. "And let me just enter your account information....aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnddddd it's gone. Next!!!" LMAO

Thanks for the update!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    This. We're handling this at the highest level in HQ, so our support teams will not be as privy to the situation as I am, but until I get something to say it's not worth me adding a perceptual "sorry no news", which is often not received positively. I understand you're frustrated and I am really sorry for the wait, but if I keep saying sorry I will end up sounding like the BP CEO in South Park. :P

I do have good news though - I have a limited beta BIOS that I can send people which has the sub/speaker volume balanced. It's not for public use but for this forum users who want to try it please PM me an email address and I will send you a download link on Monday. We are still working with our SWRD and our chip partners on a UI update that allows control over the subwoofer volume to suit each users preferred setting.
    Thanks for the update Marshall.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Awesome, thanks, Marshall.

I'm recording my test sample of a K95 and my G751 so you guys can see if this is what your laptops sound like and maybe we can figure out if there has been a difference between models built in December and earlier.

EDIT: Done and uploading. Will be up today.
    Last edited by Edweird; 01-11-2015 at 01:15 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just spoke to Asus via chat again, they confirmed their advise is still to GFYS and wait. Thanks for the update from you Marshall. At least now you guys are acknowledging the problem(70+ days in). What I didn't hear were any guarantees, reparations, or reassurances.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

reparations? You should have taken the laptop back....that is your responsibility if it isn't what you expected or were told. He just gave you a reassurance....a beta bios and word that they are working on the UI. After Marshalls post, what else did you expect Asus to say?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Okay, after about 3hrs of uploading ... here's the sound comparison. I think the G751 sounds great here. Again, this one was built in December. The sound is MUCH fuller. At 100% it sounds even better imo, no distortion of any kind. The difference is most noticeable after the middle - there's noticeable low end (5:35 is where it really takes off). Make sure to set to at least 720p to get the right audio.
    The video is pretty loud, so be careful. Use in-ear earphones if you have them to get the best result so you can tell better where the sound is coming from. And sorry for the shaky camera...
    Also the video won't play in Germany because of the copyrights on the audio.

I used this video to make the comparison. We know a G750 sounds alright. The K-series in this video has the same speakers as the K95 in mine.
    Draw your own conclusions. (Can't post a video link due to forum restrictions.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX35x1huwIg
    Last edited by Edweird; 01-11-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast