Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

scott i changed the 4 laptop today and it has the same problems:bleed,usb left defective and sound coming from the left

all are defective and i gave up changing them

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by d0r1n View Post
    scott i changed the 4 laptop today and it has the same problems:bleed,usb left defective and sound coming from the left

all are defective and i gave up changing them
    d0r1n, this is the Audio problem thread, the USB problem thread is here:

G751 - Problem with USB3.0 ports (left side) and external HD... anyone else?
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post456615

Did you try disabling the power saving for the internal USB hubs with Device Manager on your G750?, and on your external USB drives?

See posts #56, #59, #60.

Western Digital acknowledges compatibility problems with some USB controllers and their advanced power management exchange, read post #59 there and follow the link to Western Digital.

Seagate's support site requires a bit more specific info for the search so use your device info there to find support from them for USB 3.0 disconnects.

It won't help for either of these problems to change out the laptop, all of the G751's exhibit these problems. Others have already reported in the USB thread they swapped out their laptops, and have the same disconnect problems.

Be sure and file a Technical Inquiry with Asus and a Feedback form with Asus, and call/chat with them as well to register the issue with your laptop, if it isn't cured by disabling the power management through Windows Device Manager or the vendor tool to disable it on their external USB 3.0 device.
    Last edited by hmscott; 12-11-2014 at 10:22 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

it was just examples of problems found on g751 besides the audio,read carefuly

it seems that 99% have the same problems more or less

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by d0r1n View Post
    it was just examples of problems found on g751 besides the audio,read carefully

it seems that 99% have the same problems more or less
    d0r1n, I wanted to point out the potential fix in the USB thread for the USB disconnect problem.

No one had replied to that thread and it had dropped off to the 3rd page...

Quite often when someone reads a solution, and tries it, and it fixes the problem, they don't post the result, they only post a response when the fix doesn't work.
    Last edited by hmscott; 12-11-2014 at 07:17 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I've now all but decided to return my machine regardless. It's very nice, but the multitude of issues I'm experiencing with it are a bit too much, and some cannot be fixed. The main issues leading to my 90% likely return are:

• Subwoofer Sound Issue with no Resolution.
    • General lack of Audio Quality.
    • Soft-touch finish requires almost weekly upkeep/cleaning.
    • Audio preferences keep switching back to using (bad) laptop speakers, even when plugged into sound system.
    • Too much money spent for too little quality checking & support.
    • Impossible to clean/wipe keyboard without booting up computer. (Who the hell thought having the steam key and other keys function as a secondary power button was a good idea??)
    • Keyboard nearly impossible to see without backlight, which turns off every 60 seconds with NO option to change the timing.
    • Red backlight.
    • Soft Touch Finish (Again...)

Unless something is done this coming week regarding my perfectly reasonable requests, I'll be looking into organizing my return with Amazon. I should be able to last until the boxing day deals come around for a new computer.

The computer itself is an alright 8/10, but is let down by software and hardware issues and design decisions that are too hard to ignore.

On that note, if anyone has any recommendations for either of the following setups, please let me know, I'd be buying them on/around Black Friday.

$1700 - $2000 Gaming Laptop with a 970M. (Excluding G751)
    or
    $1700 - $2000 970M Equivalent or Better Gaming Desktop + College/Portable Laptop Combo (If it saves money. I also already have a screen/sound system.)
    Last edited by BRSxIgnition; 12-11-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    [...]
    On that note, if anyone has any recommendations for either of the following setups, please let me know, I'd be buying them on/around Black Friday.

$1700 - $2000 Gaming Laptop with a 970M. (Excluding G751)
    or
    $1700 - $2000 970M Equivalent or Better Gaming Desktop + College/Portable Laptop Combo (If it saves money. I also already have a screen/sound system.)
    How many "Black Friday" do you have in your country?
    There aren't gaming notebooks with a 970m, or 980m, better than G751JT/JY. MSI and Alienware are both waiting Broadwell release, which means both machines are still running only with SATA solutions and without IPS display. G751JY is quieter than GT72, "10dBA quieter". Gigabyte Aorus X7 Pro isn't a reliability champion. Clevo and "friends" are noisy, really noisy. Everything (Asus, MSI, Lenovo, ...) with a Razer Blade form factor and a GTX 860m, or more, is suffering from throttling (and Optimus )

A desktop with a GTX 970 is not difficult to build:
    - i7-4790K (you're not planning a 3 GPU PC, so forget socket 2011; AMD crap is cheaper, but )
    - Phanteks PH-TC14PE (to avoid water cooler issues and maintenance)
    - a Z97 motherboard (with M.2 PCIe support for enthusiasts with deep pockets: 10Gb/s theoretical, Samsung XP941 performance in reality); i7-4790K needs Z97 (or H97) motherboard, everything with a 87 is bad
    - 8/16GB of RAM (cycles / CAS latency is important, not just speed). I usually go with 16GB of DDR3-2133 CL9-11-11-31: it's not outrageously expensive and the price gap with DDR3-1600 is very small (in my country). G.Skill Ripjaws-X is a lot cheaper than Corsair Dominator Platinum (in my country)
    - a case with few holes to generate positive air pressure and enough space for PH-TC14PE (positive air pressure could be a problem if you're a crazy overclocker); static pressure fans at the entrance, air flow fan(s) at the exit
    - if you like quiet solutions www.bequiet.com is the answer for fans and PSU

If you need mobility, a pc with an ITX motherboard, an ITX GTX 970 and a LIAN LI PC-TU100 (better PC-TU200) case is an ok solution, but it will run hot (probably throttling problems), it will be expensive and an i7-4790k without downclocking will be problematic to cool down:
    Last edited by Joystick; 12-12-2014 at 01:26 AM.

ROG Member Array

I'd also like to add that the trackpad sensitivity on the middle left side seems to suck terribly. I'm not sure if that is a special touch area reserved for something else? But moving up and down in that 25% left of middle column often doesn't respond, or just loses tracking. And that is where my index finger naturally goes if my thumb is hovering over the left click.

The two units I have behave identically in that way. Maybe it's yet another "feature"

ROG Enthusiast Array

Seems like a mass return is in order. Sad part is I'll probably have to go back to an alienware 18 as it is superior in every way EXCEPT that it uses 860 on base model. Asus I wanted to love you but your company absolutely **** the bed this time. From quality control to customer service.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by bsod View Post
    I'd also like to add that the trackpad sensitivity on the middle left side seems to suck terribly. I'm not sure if that is a special touch area reserved for something else? But moving up and down in that 25% left of middle column often doesn't respond, or just loses tracking. And that is where my index finger naturally goes if my thumb is hovering over the left click.

The two units I have behave identically in that way. Maybe it's yet another "feature"
    I don't have this particular model but I've never met a trackpad I actually liked. I've found they often have some weird features enabled by default so it could be an acceleration algorithm. I would go into the trackpad settings and disable everything except keyboard override. It *is* nice not to have the cursor jumping around while you are typing with your palms on it. Most everything else is a useless gimmick that interferes with normal operation.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Joystick View Post
    How many "Black Friday" do you have in your country? ....
    Hahaha, I meant to type Boxing Day, since that is coming up by the end of the month. Regardless, all your advice is greatly appreciated, and I'll definitely give it a look once I get home from work.

ASUS, the time to make a statement on all these issues is now - what'll you do?

Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast