Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS
    We're still working closely with Realtek to plan the next step. Because there's a big mix of inputs and testing methods it's hard to narrow down the exact issue. The dumps have been analyzed but please bear with us until next week.
    Did you bear? Are you not making this thread sticky because you're afraid to damage Xmas sales? Basically you're refusing to answer if the issue can be solved and you're not stopping sales of a defective product, because, I suppose, you hope that your unskilled buyers do not realize there is an issue. Do you understand your behavior will engender a class-action lawsuit?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Now the right side of my chassis is creaking when any force is applied, right above the ethernet port. Fun.

I can deal with that if ASUS would come in and actually make a statement about how all these other, bigger issues will be solved, but I'm tempted to actually just go completely computer-less for a while if it means I can get my money back. Soft Touch finish is also no fun to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Did you bear? Are you not making this thread sticky because you're afraid to damage Xmas sales? Basically you're refusing to answer if the issue can be solved and you're not stopping sales of a defective product, because, I suppose, you hope that your unskilled buyers do not realize there is an issue. Do you understand your behavior will engender a class-action lawsuit?
    I'm beginning to think this, more and more. We were supposed to hear back last week, and there was no news this week either.

Some unfortunate people have replaced their machines 4 times +, and still have the same issue.

This is no minor problem, this effects all units. What will you do to fix it, ASUS?

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Are you not making this thread sticky because you're afraid to damage Xmas sales?
    We typically stick informational threads that might drop off the first page and be forgotten. This thread is in no danger of that. ASUS doesn't pay me so I have no motivation to deceive. There is no conspiracy and nobody has asked me not to, it just isn't necessary. If that changes, ask me *nicely* and I'll be happy to help.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Xeromist, could you please sticky this thread so that we can know that ASUS and its moderators like you and MarshallR are watching it? Please?

We just want answers, because we've dropped a lot of money on our machines and none of them are working properly. We just want things to work like they were advertised to. ("Bass Eye" especially)

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Yup, I put this thread on my watch list already but unfortunately I don't have any special influence. MarshallR does work for ASUS but he works for the marketing division so he doesn't have direct authority over the engineers. That is not to diminish what he does at all, it's just that technical support escalation wasn't the original plan for this forum so no support network was built around it. So we're watching but I'm not optimistic you'll get the answers you need before your decision window closes.

Oh, and I went ahead and stuck it but I'm still not sure it's going to help. It might actually decrease visibility as I've found people often ignore stickies.
    Last edited by xeromist; 12-12-2014 at 11:01 PM.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Oh, and I went ahead and stuck it but I'm still not sure it's going to help. It might actually decrease visibility as I've found people often ignore stickies.
    I hadn't thought about that - but I do agree.

Perhaps it should be unstickied? I just want it to be visible enough and high enough priority that we get a fix...

ROG Enthusiast Array

I think it's awesome that there was no halt or recall. That was one of the things I listed in my "demands". Instead they keep on churning them out.

ROG Enthusiast Array

That's how you build brand loyalty.

Quick question;

If I go through with returning my G751 and getting my old computer back (it was given to a family member who still had a working PC) and getting a new gaming PC for home instead, would this be a good choice? Because of circumstances, I can get the price down to $1,530 and save tax completely. (The size factor is perfect for me, since I have an odd desk.)

Good value? (I have a screen/mouse/sound system already.)

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Yup, I put this thread on my watch list already but unfortunately I don't have any special influence. MarshallR does work for ASUS but he works for the marketing division so he doesn't have direct authority over the engineers. That is not to diminish what he does at all, it's just that technical support escalation wasn't the original plan for this forum so no support network was built around it. So we're watching but I'm not optimistic you'll get the answers you need before your decision window closes.

Marketing division does not have authority over engineers: are you joking? G751 is not only the ROG flagship notebook, it's the head of an ecosystem: if mom needs a laptop, you buy a Zenbook because of your good experience with ROG notebooks. I suppose Asus' marketing division consists of young people and engineers are old people, otherwise I can't understand why marketing division is so shy.

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast