Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    Quick question;

If I go through with returning my G751 and getting my old computer back (it was given to a family member who still had a working PC) and getting a new gaming PC for home instead, would this be a good choice? Because of circumstances, I can get the price down to $1,530 and save tax completely. (The size factor is perfect for me, since I have an odd desk.)

Good value? (I have a screen/mouse/sound system already.)
    This thread is deteriorating from the topic rapidly. This question and other post in the past two pages at best belongs in a new threads. Lets keep discussion here focused around the sound issue, and not let it devulve into a free for all please.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I've created this thread to condense the information we've gathered on this issue over the course of the old thread, which can be found here.

Current Fix Status:
    Under Investigation

Current Probable Issue Diagnosis:
    Subwoofer/Speaker Signal Swap

Description:
    • Sound plays through back speakers at about 30% (or lower) of the volume of the subwoofer.
    • The subwoofer receives the left and right signals, when it should not. This can be changed with balance.
    • It is unknown if the subwoofer is receiving its own signal or not. (It is muddled in with the others)
    • None of the playback device settings change anything other than "Front" which adjusts all volume.

To test, play test tones/music, and play with the balance in the "Realtek Audio Manager" program that is installed with the drivers. To hear either of the back speakers, you will need to place your ear against them - even then, it may be hard to hear them over the sound of the subwoofer, which will be playing the same sounds.

**If you do test your machine and do NOT have the issue, please provide your model number and follow the "dump" instructions below, adding that your "speakers work as intended" in the Private Message to MarshallR.

This issue is known to arise both brand new "out of box" units as well as on units where the OS has been cloned or reinstalled on a new drive and the ASUS Support Site drivers have been used. All G751 Models can have this issue.

How you can help:
    You can help by following MarshallR's Audio Dump directions below, if you have the issue. (Even more so if you follow them and don't!*)

*If you don't have the issue and are providing a dump file, please explain that it is a dump file from a WORKING SETUP!

Temporary Fix:
    As mentioned in the description, the speakers still work fine, proving that the issue is Software, not Hardware-related.

To get your Left & Right back speakers working correctly:
    1. Right click on "PC", click "Manage" and go to "Device Manager."
    2. Select "Sound, Video & Game Controllers", and right click the Realtek Device. (There should only be one.) Select uninstall.
    3. Make sure "Uninstall Driver Software?" or similar is checked. Confirm.
    4. Either reboot or right click your PC name at the top of Device Manager list. Click "Scan for new Hardware Changes."
    5. Go to "Audio Playback Devices" by right clicking the speaker symbol on the task bar on the right.
    6. Select the other "Speakers" option, right click, and set as default. These are your back speakers. Test.
    7. Viola.

Enjoy your tinny-back speakers with no sub until we get a fix from ASUS. Until then, keep checking in here for updates, and let us know if you find anything!
    Up this.. "Lets Focus on the thread topic"

ROG Enthusiast Array

Let's not focus on what the focus is or who said what. Let's focus on keeping the heat on asus.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by thamann2000 View Post
    Let's not focus on what the focus is or who said what. Let's focus on keeping the heat on asus.
    Hi Sir,

We are the people who are waiting for the fix and we often view this thread if there are any update or better solution. We are helping each other for solution. So, instead of (Pardon my words) ranting about other issue aside from the sound problem.. i think you should create a thread about all issue.. this thread is more focus on the sound problem.. we are here for a common goal.. to fix the sound issue, so far there is temporary solution..

Please.. if you cant contribute any help, avoid posting not related to the sound issue..
    Think before you click merry christmas

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Joystick View Post
    Marketing division does not have authority over engineers: are you joking?
    I can't understand why marketing division is so shy.
    Direct authority means that a salesman can walk into an engineer's office and say drop everything because today we are building pink elephants. It's just not practical for the salesman to know the feasibility or what that change of gears is going to cost the business. But that doesn't mean they can't hash it out and set priorities, it's just not authority. Also, we're talking about a Realtek component so that relationship has its own terms as well.

Perhaps it should be unstickied? I just want it to be visible enough and high enough priority that we get a fix...
    Up to you *shrug*
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I apologize for almost derailing the thread there - I will make a separate post for that question. (I was on a lunch break and posted it quickly without too much thought.)

Regarding sticky/not sticky, I believe the thread should only be stickied once a fix is found, and otherwise, should remain open and visible so we can get more impressions and support our of it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Dapogz I domt know what you are talking about. I have been pushing for a fix since day one. I am one of the people who first discovered this issue and started the fight. This thread has more than one purpose. 1) explain your issue. 2) concur that you have the same problem or tell what is different 3) give suggestions. 4) talk about best ways to address asus handling. 5) explain what the recourse we as consumers want/demand.

If one of those options doesn't work for you leave. Very simple. If you come only to rip other posters you are wasting everyone's time. Get a life.

Pro-tip: when the issue is resolved there will be a giant FIXED in the title and it will be stickied. So look for that and you can avoid the ranting.

ROG Enthusiast Array

And there is no "temporary solution" out. Disabling part of the sound is not a solution.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

mine actually sounds pretty decent....I cant wait to hear what it will sound like when fixed

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by thamann2000 View Post
    If you come only to rip other posters you are wasting everyone's time. Get a life.

Pro-tip: when the issue is resolved there will be a giant FIXED in the title and it will be stickied. So look for that and you can avoid the ranting.
    He was responding to the comment that the only objective was to keep heat on ASUS and ignore the focus of the thread. That doesn't meet any of your 5 criteria. And whether you believe it or not, nothing you do on this customer to customer forum is going to make things go any faster. The message has already been delivered and there is no more heat to be made here. So in the mean time try to get along with the others in this thread. You're probably going to be seeing a lot of each other so making enemies isn't helpful.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast