Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

ok then .... to get back on topic - I wanted to ask whether everyone (i.e. everyone with the sound problem) also have a broken ROG Audio Wizard. Settings not changing anything on the equalizer (and only one of them increases tone, none bass) - additionally all settings sound much worse than when the system is set to Off.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Anything like that could be contributed to the subwoofer getting speaker signals, or vice versa.

ROG Enthusiast Array

also the stickies on this forum are actually very visible (and not to many of them). In my opinion it would make the issue at least "appear" more important ..... and that means a lot to everyone affected .... especially those who got a broken product "out of the box" but who have decided to stick with this laptop.

ROG Enthusiast Array

yes could be .... but do you have the same issue BRSxIg?
    Last edited by Paco; 12-13-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    yes could be .... but do you have the same issue BRSxIg?
    I'm the one that made the first thread and this one - yes, I have the issue.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    I'm the one that made the first thread and this one - yes, I have the issue.
    I am asking specifically about the ROG Audio Wizard not whether you have the "imbalanced sound problem" in general.

I see, well that's included in the larger problem.

Whether in ROG Audio Wizard or not, adjusting any balances does not have the intended effect because of the swapped signals. For example, if you turn balance all the way to the right, all speakers will still play some form of that tone, even if they are not located on the right. (For right signals, the bass would play through both back speakers and the sub would play the right tone but no left tone.)

This is all assuming our swapped-signal verdict is correct.

(Any recommendations for my replacement laptop can be posted here, thank you all in advance if you post.)
    Last edited by BRSxIgnition; 12-14-2014 at 03:23 AM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    I see, well that's included in the larger problem.

Whether in ROG Audio Wizard or not, adjusting any balances does not have the intended effect because of the swapped signals. For example, if you turn balance all the way to the right, all speakers will still play some form of that tone, even if they are not located on the right. (For right signals, the bass would play through both back speakers and the sub would play the right tone but no left tone.)

This is all assuming our swapped-signal verdict is correct.
    I don't believe the signal swapping theory is correct. It is clear the front speakers are not receiving a LFE (the 0.1) signal as the highs are the most distinguishing part of the sound. As well as far as I can tell L/R balance works perfectly between the front speakers.

The issue as I see it is no LFE signal is being sent to the "sub" rather it is full monaural audio. This isn't so bad (likely even prefered) as it is not a true sub by any stretch of the imagination, however there is no ability to control the sound levels between the front speakers and "sub" and this leads to a sound profile that many find unapealing.
    Last edited by joshindaphils; 12-14-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshindaphils View Post
    I don't believe the signal swapping theory is correct. It is clear the front speakers are not receiving a LFE or the 0.1 signal as the highs are the most distinguishing part of the sound. As well as far as I can tell L/R balance works perfectly between the front speakers.

The issue as I see it is no LFE signal is being sent to the "sub" rather it is full monaural audio. This isn't be so bad (likely even prefered) as it is not a true sub by any stretch of the imagination, however there is no ability to control the sound levels between the front speakers and "sub" and this leads to a sound profile that many find unapealing.
    There are no front speakers, there are speakers on the back.

Anyone who has tried the temporary "fix" can tell what the back speakers are generally supposed to sound like, and it sounds nothing like that when the drivers are installed. L/R Balance changes the signal sent to the subwoofer, bit it is still coming from the subwoofer, and thus monoaural sound coming from the front/bottom-left of the laptop. I'm 100% certain.

The sound level with drivers installed defaults to 67%, you would think that the levels for all of them would default to the same volume the sound is set at, but the back speakers have a 10% volume level and the sub has a 70% volume level. (If they are even receiving the proper signals in the first place.)

A much easier hypothesis is that the signals are switched, since sound IS still coming from all audio devices, just in extremely different levels.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by joshindaphils View Post
    I don't believe the signal swapping theory is correct. It is clear the front speakers are not receiving a LFE or the 0.1 signal as the highs are the most distinguishing part of the sound. As well as far as I can tell L/R balance works perfectly between the front speakers.

The issue as I see it is no LFE signal is being sent to the "sub" rather it is full monaural audio. This isn't so bad (likely even prefered) as it is not a true sub by any stretch of the imagination, however there is no ability to control the sound levels between the front speakers and "sub" and this leads to a sound profile that many find unapealing.
    Hi, you are probably right.. driver is detecting 5.1 instead of a 2.1.. reason why signal distribution is incorrect, as you can see in the volume settings, volume knobs are front, back and sub. I have tried connecting it to a 5.1 speakers using the 3 analog output.. and all volume knobs are working properly...
    so i think one of the main issue is the realtek driver not using 2.1 on internal speakers..

Today i'm trying to use audio emulator to see if i can seprate the sounds on the speakers, i use to have this kind of problem on previous realtek drivers(old desktop with broken connectors) and i use this emulator to fix some audio problems.

Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast