Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

New threads are great and neat. Fixes are better.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

I'm a volunteer moderator so I have no more power to push for a fix than you do, sorry.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    Can you be more specific about what you mean by "Full Right Channel"? We've tested all the balance options after installing drivers, and only "Front" has had any impact on the volume level. Everything else at 100% also outputs nothing if Front is at 0%.

Can you elaborate?
    In the Realtek HD Audio Manager there is a R/L balance slider. Move that all the way to the right. This does not effect the volume of the sub it only isolates the right channel making it easier to distinguish the sound as the right speaker is the furthest from the sub.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by joshindaphils View Post
    In the Realtek HD Audio Manager there is a R/L balance slider. Move that all the way to the right. This does not effect the volume of the sub it only isolates the right channel making it easier to distinguish the sound as the right speaker is the furthest from the sub.
    Yep, I agree. If I turn the left speaker down, and leave the right speaker turned up, it's extremely easy to hear sound from the right speaker.

ROG Member Array

I installed the Audio Drivers from ASUS and I can also confirm that sound also comes out of the Right Speaker when adjusting the Balance of the audio.

So the real issue now is that most of the sound comes from the subwoofer. The loudness of the sound from the subwoofer is more dominant than the ones on the rear speakers.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I will test this tomorrow morning or evening - I can usually detect things like audio very well, and I know that right-test-tones do usually sound like they are coming more from the right, even when it is the same speaker. This, combined with the fact that the back speakers sound immensely different than the sub-only sound, leads me to thing it's more of a psychological effect of expecting the sound to come from the right, rather than it actually doing so.

Regardless - I will check as well and see if the above hold true.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    I will test this tomorrow morning or evening - I can usually detect things like audio very well, and I know that right-test-tones do usually sound like they are coming more from the right, even when it is the same speaker. This, combined with the fact that the back speakers sound immensely different than the sub-only sound, leads me to thing it's more of a psychological effect of expecting the sound to come from the right, rather than it actually doing so.

Regardless - I will check as well and see if the above hold true.
    There is nothing about a 'right' test tone that will make it sound as though it is coming from the right... it is simply a test tone delivered to the right channel there are no psychoacoustic manipulations.

I also tested with music the difference is most noticeable in the higher frequency ranges as the sub simply doesn't produce these frequencies as well as the R/L speakers. The test tone in the Realtek audio manager is of a much lower frequency. You may have better luck using something like this site: http://onlinetonegenerator.com to more clearly distinguish the front speakers.

New ROGer Array

Hi all, sorry for my bad english ... I think i've a fix for this ... Maybe just for me.

I had the problem on my first G751 and the new too (first with baklit problem ...), with Realtek drivers Asus site. In my sound panel I had two speakers, L+R and subwoofer ...
    And with the Realtek Driver by Asus, no AudioWizard Installed on my computer.

I installed this driver for testing : 64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1 Driver only (Executable file)
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

Reboot and ... No speaker in the menu, no sound, nothing.

I reinstalled the previous driver by Asus and now sound look fine ... One speaker in the menu and AudioWizard is here ...

I'm lucky or ... ?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ekentuor View Post
    I reinstalled the previous driver by Asus and now sound look fine ... One speaker in the menu and AudioWizard is here ...

I'm lucky or ... ?
    That just means the software sound drivers are correctly isntalled, not that your sound is working as intended.

ROG Enthusiast Array

We are truly in the 11th hour here. People without extended return policies are having to decide whether to keep or send back. No resolutions. No temp fixes. No official statement from asus. No promise of reparations. Just a wait and see.

We must speak in the only way this company understands. With our dollars. So I say we give asus five days to make an official statement, issued a fix, make an offer of reparation, or at least explain when we can expect a fis.

Anyone agree? Light the Fire.

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast