Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    -snip-
    I don't think it will be possible to make the sub not overtake the tweeters without making the laptop too quiet. They're 1W each - the sub is 3 times more powerful. Being that much more powerful means it must also cover mids as well as lows - the tweeters can only take care of treble so the sub MUST take them over in some sections. Also be sure to remove any and all traces of previous drivers. I don't know if you've uninstalled the Realtek drivers from the Control Panel but you should.

Some improvement on my already good sound for me. Sub is slightly quieter now with lows more pronounced and tweeters are louder - I can actually hear them distinctly now.

Definitely on the right track I would think.

For best results use these MaxxAudio settings:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	528nObC.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	381.5 KB 
ID:	45394

Or alternatively, turn off MaxxAudio and use the Realtek Manager but ALWAYS be sure to set the Default Format to the highest possible (24-bit, 192KHz)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dz4Rhb0.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	240.9 KB 
ID:	45395

The sub needs just a little bit more lows enhancement and it would be golden to me.
    Last edited by Edweird; 01-12-2015 at 05:02 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

after instaling only th driver and disabling audioWizard i cand hear like it should be,but it is still a buzz coming from the right speaker when is at 100% and the left i hear the sound correct.
    is still better than before,the bass is coming only from the subwoofer and the high notes are coming less from the subwoofer and more from the speakers

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Edweird View Post
    I don't think it will be possible to make the sub not overtake the tweeters without making the laptop too quiet. They're 1W each - the sub is 3 times more powerful. Being that much more powerful means it must also cover mids as well as lows - the tweeters can only take care of treble so the sub MUST take them over in some sections. Also be sure to remove any and all traces of previous drivers. I don't know if you've uninstalled the Realtek drivers from the Control Panel but you should.

Some improvement on my already good sound for me. Sub is slightly quieter now with lows more pronounced and tweeters are louder - I can actually hear them distinctly now.

Definitely on the right track I would think.

For best results use these MaxxAudio settings:
    -snip-

Or alternatively, turn off MaxxAudio and use the Realtek Manager but ALWAYS be sure to set the Default Format to the highest possible (24-bit, 192KHz)
    -snip-

The sub needs just a little bit more lows enhancement and it would be golden to me.
    Thing is, we can hear the tweeters fine with the subwoofer muted, and the subwoofer volume itself can be changed - so why can it not be set up so that the subwoofer is at a 10 - 15% volume level for every 50% of tweeter volume?

This way, we'd be able to get both, and it would compensate for the difference in size and power between them.

Right now, the drivers are just not set up right. If you look at the post (which you cut off, for reasons unknown) - I state that only "front" does anything in the device settings. That is despite there being a setting for the subwoofer. Front should effect the tweeters, and subwoofer should effect the subwoofer.

Front should not effect everything, like it does now.

Manually reducing the bass and using Maxx Audio to compensate for what is a huge issue with the drivers doesn't roll with me, nor should it roll with anyone else.

I'll try re-uninstalling then re-installing the drivers again, see if I get the change that Marshall promised.
    Last edited by BRSxIgnition; 01-12-2015 at 05:51 PM.

NickyRomero_LiveAt_Ulta_MusicalFestival> play to> Denon Avr-x4000.......Now THATS a subwoofer.....2x 18inchers pounding

No luck with uninstalling the drivers then re-installing. Everything still seems the exact same. Reducing volume to 0% or muting it gets rid of the "Mute.exe" subwoofer mute.

Back to looking for another laptop I guess..

i use the g750jz driver and is much better...the 304 version

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    -snip-
    I cut the post this way because you can get notified when I've replied to you but still not have to spam the page with walls of text - this is how this forum software generally works.

What you're saying makes sense in basic terms - you CAN decrease the sub volume to less that the tweeters but then you make it useless because its purpose is to produce low end sounds - that is to say bass. What would be the point of lowering the volume of the sub? You'd just be losing the functionality it was designed to work for. The ideal situation is where the tweeters can handle both highs and mids and the sub can handle only lows - but this isn't how it is. So you end up having to overpower the tweeters a bit because most of the sound is bass and mids and not highs. It would be nice if we could dedicate the full 3W to low-end sounds and somehow mash up the mids and highs in the other full 2W of speaker but I don't know if that will be possible. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a post about whether or not the G750 was disbalanced this way...that would be good to know because then we can at least know if it is technically possible at all to equalize the sub and tweeters and still have good frequency response.

The issue you describe for the settings is not related as such - those settings are for 5.1 and 7.1 setups. The subwoofer in those settings is not related to the one our laptop has - it refers to the two audio output jacks. As I've posted numerous times now, it is completely possible to give the integrated sub its own volume control as it is on the G750. It's funny because it can seem like the interface has not been designed for this notebook to begin with.

I'm also not using MaxxAudio to compensate for anything - those are just good audio settings in general.

Try doing what d0r1n did and try ALL THE DRIVERS! o/
    Last edited by Edweird; 01-12-2015 at 07:13 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

THANKS BRS you are the man!!!

I don't get notified when someone replies to me. If there is a way to manually turn that feature on, please tell me. Otherwise I just reload the thread and check if there are any new messages.

Regarding the issue at hand, the main problem is that the subwoofer is still playing frequencies it shouldn't be getting. Decreasing the volume of the sub independent from the tweeters is something Marshall and his team are trying to implement, but that doesn't make a difference if the subwoofer isn't playing the right signal in the first place.

Thing is, what we want from the drivers IS that "ideal situation" - Tweeters for treble and mids, and subwoofer for bass. That's how it should be. So why is windows detecting this as a 4.1 - 5.1 audio setup? Why is the "front" value controlling all speakers? Why is the subwoofer playing all frequencies when it should be limited to the low end? (aka LFE)

All of these questions need to be answered for a driver solution to work, and we have none of them. I don't know what setup Marshall has, but his "working" and "balanced" definitions are not the same as ours.

I'll change the maxx audio settings once the speakers are detected properly and receiving the right signals. Until then, it's useless.

(I'll be installing the 750JZ drivers soon - downloading them now - but I'm not holding my breath.)

Yes - we want this to be a 2W mid/treble and 3W lows/mids setup - that would be nice. But all of the above discussion was meant to sugest that the tweeters may be underpowered - which is why I'm saying I think we need the sub to also play mids - which inadvertantly makes it be louder overall. I personally don't mind the disbalance becuase the end product is a full-bodied sound. You guys have some other issue where it's so badly off center that it even distorts.

I think you will find that Windows isn't detecting anything - those are just "preset" settings for when you DO use a 5.1 or 7.1 system. The one truth we know for sure is that the sub is indeed getting a full-range signal. It exists as a seperate speaker as evidenced by the turn-off mod but it isn't actually referenced as the .1 in the 2.1 setup we would expect. It's just a ... thing. That kinda floats in there with the mess that the audio setup has left us with.

I go back again to my original question from like 10 pages ago and that is - Do you believe we can truly balance the sound in such a way that the sub only plays bass and tweeters only play mids and highs? Perhaps if we lower the the sound output of the sub to about 1.5-2W to account for the larger speaker size and bump up the overall system volume some. Perhaps it would be best to discuss balancing AFTER we get you a decent full-range sound from your 3 speakers, which as I understand is still the issue - not so much the overpowering sub but rather the whole thing sounding a bit crap.

EDIT: Actually, having turned the sub off once again, the tweeters do seem to handle SOME of the mids quite well...it might be worth just going straight for a volume decrease and SOME mids on the sub and FULL treble on the tweeters with what's left of the mids range after all.

---------
    So in total (for temp solution until UI mod):

Full highs and 50% mids on tweeters. (To create the main audio stage.)
    Full lows and 50% mids on sub. (To fill out the sound with the larger speaker.)
    25% decrease in sub volume. (To compensate for overpowering.)
    25% increase in overall system volume. (To compensate for overall loss of sound because of sub decrease and to bring tweeters up a bit.)

Agreed?
    ---------
    Last edited by Edweird; 01-12-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast