Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

don't forget it's a gaming laptop
    in case headphones are lost a gamer need to distinguish left from right - with sub playing the way it is now it's not possible.
    This laptop works like with stereo setup instead of 2.1
    No matter the balance if the sub was the 3rd channel it shouldn't be hard to identify it for a driver and feed it with LOWs only (maybe additionaly some lowish mids).

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Edweird View Post
    So in total (for temp solution until UI mod):

Full highs and 50% mids on tweeters.
    Full lows and 50% mids on sub.
    25% decrease in sub volume.
    25% increase in overall system volume.

Agreed?
    I'm confused as to what you mean - the current driver does nothing to solve the problem. If you have a way to achieve those numbers - aka "temp solution" - under current limitations, please share. (Again, only front does anything, and MaxxAudio can't change levels for Sub/Tweeter separately.)

Regardless, I generally think you're right, and that with a little adjustment, those settings would be better than what we currently have. If they could make those settings the default, and let people edit from there, that would be best.

The little adjustment being:
    • Full Highs and 75% Mids on Tweeters.
    • Full Lows and Lower 25% Mids on Sub.
    • 25%+ Decrease in Sub Volume.
    • Slight (25% is fine) Increase in Overall Volume.

Regarding the distortion, it's only audible when playing treble through the sub (AKA the problem) and only at high volumes, usually 80% - 100%.

Oh, also, the G751JZ 304 drivers did nothing.
    Last edited by BRSxIgnition; 01-12-2015 at 08:01 PM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Yeah, we figured that out already, escha. I've had a N61 with decent, stereo speakers and using it to tell left from right in gaming is a lost cause. You want the left and right channels around your head - not 2 feet in front of it and less than a foot apart.

@BRS The temp solution is that MarshallR takes this to the devs and they make this happen.
    The changes that you suggest are what I would have gone for - but I wrote what I did because I think the tweeters are too weak to handle that frequency spectrum at any decent rate and at any decent volume. So I thought it's better to have half the mids on the sub with decreased volume.

Also decreasing the sub output will clean up the distortion - the current drivers combined with your hardware setup (they could be using diff speaker models for all we know) could actually be overdriving the speaker beyond it's design capacity.

But we're rapidly reaching a consensus on what needs to change other thanb an actual UI slider for the sub.
    Last edited by Edweird; 01-12-2015 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edweird View Post
    @up
    your comment was quite long and confusing and looks like not only i was a bit confused
    Nevertheless your insight is educational

Somehow, when realtek driver is uninstalled, windows lets you adjust tweeters and sub volume seperatly and actually recognize them as diffrent channels / devices
    Start there... setting it as true 2.1, then let user adjust with said UI what tone ranges are played via tweeters and sub (like crossover function etc.).

Well, just to compare, here is what what the Realtek Panel shows me for my G750JH : (using 7095 drivers and Win8.0)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G750JH_Realtek.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	45398

And this is my MaxxAudio setting :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G750JH_MaxxAudio.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	331.0 KB 
ID:	45399

I had to lower the low freq sliders, otherwise the subwoofer is too "powerful".

Your problem (amongst others) on the G751 is that there is no subwoofer slider, right ? (I'm not sure if anyone posted a screenshot of his Realtek config panel)

EDIT :
    yeah, I saw the G751 Realtek Panel. it seems quite different. Weird.
    Last edited by KoolASUS; 01-12-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Yeah, it's been posted.
    We don't have that slider and we need it. Also the freq changes suggested above.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

- Re-posted on next page, edited. -
    Last edited by BRSxIgnition; 01-12-2015 at 08:11 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

So what we need to do when the new driver arrive ? just to lower the Subwoofer volume ? Why we didn't have this problem with G73JH for example ?

Yeah, pretty much. EQ for the sub would be too much, though, they don't usually do that type of thing. Or at the very least the EQ/Volume changes we suggested and a volume slider for the sub and we can all go home.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    Problem solved. Correct?
    I'm not that sure to be honest, as we have at least one person who's happy with how his laptop sounds. Considering the fact that he has the same driver as we do, I really wonder if there is really no hardware problem with our units.

Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast