Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Keep in mind I'm "happy" with how it sounds because I get a full-bodied sound and I think stereo on a laptop is next to useless.
    The issue still very much exists. It's just not as bad for me and the only difference may just be a different speaker model or 2 numbers in a damn file somewhere that boost the input to the sub a bit more than they should.

---
    My money is on all highs and some mids to tweeters, all lows and some mids to sub, input decrease for sub, input increase for system, volume slider for sub.

Have a good night. o7

---
    Last edited by Edweird; 01-12-2015 at 08:08 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

-Reposting for visibility. Also Edited-

Quote Originally Posted by KoolASUS View Post
    This is my MaxxAudio setting :
    -snip-

I had to lower the low freq sliders, otherwise the subwoofer is too "powerful".

Your problem (amongst others) on the G751 is that there is no subwoofer slider, right ? (I'm not sure if anyone posted a screenshot of his Realtek config panel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edweird View Post
    Yeah, it's been posted.
    We don't have that slider and we need it. Also the freq changes suggested above.
    Quote Originally Posted by escha View Post
    Somehow, when realtek driver is uninstalled, windows lets you adjust tweeters and sub volume seperatly and actually recognize them as diffrent channels / devices
    Start there... setting it as true 2.1, then let user adjust with said UI what tone ranges are played via tweeters and sub (like crossover function etc.).
    Yes. This is what we need from ASUS/MarshallR:

• All High frequencies + 50-75% of Midrange frequencies to "Tweeters." (Left & Right Speakers)
    • All Low frequencies and Remaining Lower Midrange frequencies (25-50%) to Subwoofer.
    • Decrease Default Subwoofer Volume by 25% Minimum.
    • Slight Increase to Overall Volume. (*If Possible)
    • Enable/Release NEW UI with *previously missing* Subwoofer EQ Sliders + Seperate Volume Control for Subwoofer & Tweeters.

It's obvious by now that the drivers they're using just don't work. The UI and sliders to control the sub output are what we need most right now.

This way, all we'd need to do is set different Volumes for the Speakers/Sub. Bam. Problem solved.

Are we all in agreement?*
    *Assuming we are, I will send a PM to MarshallR with this information so that they can give us updates on the status of the UI update and drivers.
    Last edited by BRSxIgnition; 01-12-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Fire away.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    This way, all we'd need to do is set different Volumes for the Tweeters/Sub and use the Subwoofer sliders for the EQ. Bam. Problem solved.
    Not to be argumentative, but I don't believe the speakers up by the hinge are supposed to be "tweeters"...I'm pretty sure they're just full range speakers.

They are, yes. But they might as well be tweeters. They're small and low-powered and their low ranges are not exactly stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by geneticweapon View Post
    Not to be argumentative, but I don't believe the speakers up by the hinge are supposed to be "tweeters"...I'm pretty sure they're just full range speakers.
    That's what I believe as well. It's just terminology, I call them speakers, Edweird calls them tweeters, the point is that they're not subwoofers and they play treble/mids fine.

ROG Enthusiast Array

what would also be nice is if their could als be a volume boost of 5 - 10 db

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

write me exactly what you want to transfer to asus ticket support. everything you need them to know.

I've sent the following message to MarshallR. (I simplified the numbers so things didn't get too confusing. If any clarification is needed, I'll pass on exact numbers.)

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition
    Hello Marshall,

Unfortunately, for me and quite a few others, the latest Audio Drivers (v7417) you've provided us with have not remedied the issue, and from what we can hear when using them, nothing has changed either.

Knowing this though, we don't want this progress to be lost, so here is all we know about the issue, and what we agree will likely work best as a fix.

Hopefully these thoughts are in line with what you and your team have been doing.

We know three things about how the subwoofer and speakers work for sure:
    • When drivers are uninstalled, windows recognizes two "Speaker" audio devices. (Shown Below)
    • Mute.exe can send a signal to and disable the subwoofer.
    • At least v7095 (for the G750JH/JX) of the Audio Drivers had a Subwoofer Volume slider located on the Realtek Audio Manager. (As shown below)

Drivers Uninstalled - Subwoofer & Speakers Seperated
    This can be used to find out the hardware ID of each component, and tweak the driver to send the correct signal to each. Simply uninstall the realtek drivers on your machine and reboot - windows will install its own drivers and separate the two speakers. From there, you can find out their hardware IDs and use that to help in tweaking the signal to each component.

Audio Driver v7095 Installed on a G750JH (Subwoofer Volume Slider does not show up on G751)

Knowing this, we'd just like to clarify what needs to be done to solve the issue once and for all. In the interest of a speedy conclusion to this issue, we have matched our advice with your current plans for the fix - the Driver update and the UI Volume Control Update.

Seeing as how the beta Audio Drivers failed to fix the issue as it was stated they would, we'd like to suggest the following as changes to make for the next version of the driver:
    • Left and Right speakers should receive all Treble and Midrange frequencies. (No LFE)
    • Subwoofer should only be receiving an LFE signal. (Low & Low Midrange Frequencies)
    • Please Decrease default Subwoofer Volume by 25% Minimum.
    • If possible, please increase the volume of the Left & Right Speakers over the Subwoofer.

In regards to the UI Fix, what we need most is manual **SEPARATE** control over the Subwoofer volume and L/R Speaker volume. Since you have already mentioned this is in the works, updates on its progress would be extremely welcome.

To sum this up, further tweaking is needed for the drivers to actually achieve their intended effect, since right now the driver is acting just like the last one. This is in addition to the arguably more important Seperate UI Speaker/Subwoofer Volume sliders.

I hope this helps. If you need ANY clarification at all or need me to run any tests, please let me know. I want to keep this machine, but I can't in its current state.

Yeah, looks alright.

@crudetrader We've been repeating for 3 pages that we want a overall volume boost to offset the decrease in sub volume.

Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast