Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

this thread needs to be a sticky

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    I've created this thread to condense the information we've gathered on this issue over the course of the old thread, which can be found here.

Current Fix Status:
    Under Investigation

Description:
    • Sound plays through back speakers at about 30% (or lower) of the volume of the subwoofer.
    • The subwoofer receives the left and right signals, when it should not. This can be changed with balance.
    • It is unknown if the subwoofer is receiving its own signal or not. (It is muddled in with the others)
    • None of the playback device settings change anything other than "Front" which adjusts all volume.

To test, play test tones/music, and play with the balance in the "Realtek Audio Manager" program that is installed with the drivers. To hear either of the back speakers, you will need to place your ear against them - even then, it may be hard to hear them over the sound of the subwoofer, which will be playing the same sounds.

**If you do test your machine and do NOT have the issue, please provide your model number and follow the "dump" instructions below, adding that your "speakers work as intended" in the Private Message to MarshallR.

This issue is known to arise both brand new "out of box" units as well as on units where the OS has been cloned or reinstalled on a new drive and the ASUS Support Site drivers have been used. All G751 Models can have this issue.

How you can help:
    You can help by following MarshallR's Audio Dump directions below, if you have the issue. (Even more so if you follow them and don't!*)

*If you don't have the issue and are providing a dump file, please explain that it is a dump file from a WORKING SETUP!

Temporary Fix:
    As mentioned in the description, the speakers still work fine, proving that the issue is Software, not Hardware-related.

To get your Left & Right back speakers working correctly:
    1. Right click on "PC", click "Manage" and go to "Device Manager."
    2. Select "Sound, Video & Game Controllers", and right click the Realtek Device. (There should only be one.) Select uninstall.
    3. Make sure "Uninstall Driver Software?" or similar is checked. Confirm.
    4. Either reboot or right click your PC name at the top of Device Manager list. Click "Scan for new Hardware Changes."
    5. Go to "Audio Playback Devices" by right clicking the speaker symbol on the task bar on the right.
    6. Select the other "Speakers" option, right click, and set as default. These are your back speakers. Test.
    7. Viola.

Enjoy your tinny-back speakers with no sub until we get a fix from ASUS. Until then, keep checking in here for updates, and let us know if you find anything!
    While trying to fix this issue (before finding this thread) I seem to have deleted all my speakers. Currently when I go to "Audio Play Back Devices" there is nothing there. How can I fix this? I have system sounds - but no audio other than that.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Me too. I have uninstalled Realtek driver according MarshallR,s fix and I no listen no sound.(from back side) I am without sound.What is this?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by viper3000 View Post
    Me too. I have uninstalled Realtek driver according MarshallR,s fix and I no listen no sound.(from back side) I am without sound.What is this?
    I reloaded the drivers from
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...&m=Audio&os=30
    and my sound is back!

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    While trying to fix this issue (before finding this thread) I seem to have deleted all my speakers. Currently when I go to "Audio Play Back Devices" there is nothing there. How can I fix this? I have system sounds - but no audio other than that.
    if nothing is in the "Audio Play Back Devices" u are missing some windows files, try "windows restore" "Refresh Your PC without affecting your files" option
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...o-through-HDMI is your :audio play back devices: like the first pic in this thread?
    Last edited by toronto699; 12-07-2014 at 11:14 PM.

I know where is problem. Back side speakers no playing VOCALS. I have used POTPlayer when i have identifdied problem. Only subwoofer plays Vocals.
    I think that back side speakers and subwoofer has conversely purpose.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    this thread needs to be a sticky
    I second this call. Also for the HDD / high current devices on left side USB port issue. That way it is easy to find resolution or discussion of known issues.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by viper3000 View Post
    I think that back side speakers and subwoofer has conversely purpose.
    Do you mean that the drivers are seeing the subwoofer as the speakers and the speakers as the subwoofer?

If so, I'm inclined to agree - it would make sense, at least I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    Do you mean that the drivers are seeing the subwoofer as the speakers and the speakers as the subwoofer?

If so, I'm inclined to agree - it would make sense, at least I think.
    Yes, I have used Pot Player .....I turn off vocals my subwoofer remain silent -back speakers plays sound(no vocals).

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Hmm but surely it would be a simple fix if it was simply a case of being the wrong way around? Im stunned that we still have no word back on this issue from ASUS or MarshallR yet.

Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast