Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by thamann2000 View Post
    I only proposed the alienware 17 because I thought it met most people's needs. I can't speak for everyone but the ch71 was perfect for me (if working) because it had 16gb of ram, an IPS screen, great cooling, and good support. Well the alienware has all of that plus high quality sound and an optional touchscreen. The cooling is great, the weight is reduced, and dell customer service has legitimately gotten better. I made an order online and before sending my order I chatted online. Told them what I wanted and asked for a deal. They gave me one $1700 out the door with touchscreen, true life display, 16gb ram. I have zero use for an optical drive and got an amazing deal on an m.2 ssd. After buying that and getting the dell reward money back it's almost a wash. Plus. Alienwares just look cool. But for the record, if ASUS had fixed the issue in the last 70+ days since I opened three escalations I would've just stayed with Asus.
    Definitely not hating on the decision to go Alienware 17. I have owned a couple of their machines in the past myself. You have no need to justify your purchase - you will surely enjoy that laptop!
    4710HQ, 980M // 5930K, 980 SC SLI // 4930K, 980 SC // 4770K, 290X Lightning // 1pcent.com

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by fabrimacator21 View Post
    Like others said, I didn't notice any difference with the new driver. I made sure the realtek driver was gone and installed the one via Marshall and no dice. Even tried uninstalling the nvidia HD audio driver and reinstalling the beta driver with no luck. I still cant hear anything coming out of the back speakers.

I know we've already established that driver is no good...just thought I'd post up my attempt.

Thanks for keeping us filled in Marshal. Hopefully this next one will do the trick!
    Ok, so I just ran a scan with spyhunter as I usually do and noticed that it was actually blocking the realtek driver for some reason. I hit "enable" and now as far as I can tell, there is some faint sound coming out of the back speakers. Again.... not "fixed". Just thought I'd add what I found

ROG Enthusiast Array

It's quiet!! Everyone return their systems or just waiting extra patiently?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by thamann2000 View Post
    It's quiet!! Everyone return their systems or just waiting extra patiently?
    I am waiting for a new driver that covers all issues - balance between sub and L/R as well as LFE settings to keep highs off of the sub. I still don't understand why this wasn't working from the initial version. I know my old G73 had a subwoofer and that sounded fine from day one as well as having the correct controls.

ROG Member Array

Same as egs42. I love my G751JY, and I've used Asus for years and they have never let me down. I feel, hope, this will be addressed, so I'm hanging in there with mine. For me every other aspect of this laptop is great. Right now I'm using a UE MegaBoom as my audio. But I (like all of us) want the stock audio to work too.

ROG Member Array

I don't know about everyone else but I remember when I first got my 751JY the sound from the speakers was just awful. The sub woofer rattled and I just ended up telling myself that I didn't care about it, that I would be using my headphones all of the time anyway. Then I was trying out my new modded Skyrim and I wanted to show it off the other night and the sound was way better than I remember.

The only thing I tried was I uninstalled the original driver, installed a realtek one that was recommended here, then I tried the modded driver that Marshall had without paying too much attention to it. Anyway I never did any real troubleshooting. But I would say that the sound is acceptable now. I can even put the volume way up high and I hear sound coming from all three speakers and the only thing I would say is it sounds kind of thin. No real bass, but not horrible. Oh and I did twindle with the settings in Windows a little. Anyway, my two cents on a thread that I regularly read.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I have tried install Realthek 6.0.1.7348 and I hear sound coming from all three speakers. BRS please try install this driver and let us know your opinion.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Any news ? or new driver released ?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctrum View Post
    Could you please tell the manufacturing date of your G751? Also where have you bought it. At x-kom.pl or else?
    Yes from x, manufacturing date is 10/2014.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by viper3000 View Post
    I have tried install Realthek 6.0.1.7348 and I hear sound coming from all three speakers. BRS please try install this driver and let us know your opinion.
    Sorry, I cant actively help test anything since I've sent my G751 back. (And bought an Nvidia Greenbox GTX + Asus Transformer Flip in its place for just a little bit more.)

I hope those of you that are keeping your machines end up getting working fixes, though!

Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast