Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by toronto699 View Post
    I have another laptop to compare audio with an HP-HDX 18 , I have 2 G751-JY-DH72X , both are flawless , I edit beta cam video and audio with Sony Vegas Video and Audio Editing Software. I admit im afraid to admit I would not update any driver as it may screw up my audio like other G751s have
    I did a quick search on Amazon and Newegg for your specific model and to my surprise not a single person has mentioned the audio issue, so it may be that your model does not have this defect. Mind you the price of almost $3000 puts it out most people budget range, including mine, this is why I never even considered this particular model at all. I was just looking at the G751JT.

You can always image your system and keep that image in a safe place. If something does go wrong down the road just recover your PC from that image.

ROG Member Array

I have 2 G751-JY-DH72X , both are flawless
    I just did some quick research and have come to the following conclusion:

If it is true that your model namely G751-JY-DH72X does not have this audio issue

and

it is also true that all G751JY, G751JT and G751JM share the same realtek audio chip and the same realtek audio driver

then

It leads to the conclusion that the models that have the audio issue have some hardware defect in them. Either in their wiring or wrong ports are connected to wrong pins on the audio chip. In any case, it is a hardware issue and will not be solved with software based solutions.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Its not a hardware issue guys, just email Marshall for the beta drivers that he mentioned 4-10 pages ago in this thread. It balances out the sound mostly, but they don't feed LF to the sub yet.

New ROGer Array

I have 2 G751-JY-DH72X , both are flawless
    I have G751JY-T7051H, and the sound quality is simply unacceptable. I can't even do a Skype call without headphones due to severe reverberating distortions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rares95 View Post
    Its not a hardware issue guys, just email Marshall for the beta drivers
    The driver you mention does not change anything at all in my case. And even though I have been waiting for a month to see whether some update or at least clarification pops up, ASUS is silent. I don't want to gamble, so I'm returning my laptop on the 2nd of February, while it's still covered by Amazon's Return Policy.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

The safe thing to do is to return your machine if it's really that bad at the moment and buy the model that you know will work when we get a fix and have confirmed it to work on that model.

Marshall said a couple of weeks so im assuming some time next week or the one after.

We're already done pretty much all we can safe for comparing bits and bytes and disassembling our machines to compare for small hardware differences and it's pretty much just more people complaining about the issue - which is good, of course. The more attention drawn, the better in this case. But I fear Marshall is already doing the most we can expect.
    Last edited by Edweird; 01-25-2015 at 01:44 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm not exactly sure I have the same problem, I've bought yesterday a G751 and just captured a video in order to run it through the members and understand if this is the same issue. Basically everytime "before" a sound starts the laptop give this strange noise I captured in the video for better understanding, please advise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21wVkivCPME

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Yes this is the same issue we have with the G75VW the sub woofer is only a third larger speaker it is not really a sub woofer the best solution we came up with is to turn the volume on the sub almost all the way off and then it sounds ok.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Yes this is the same issue we have with the G75VW the sub woofer is only a third larger speaker it is not really a sub woofer the best solution we came up with is to turn the volume on the sub almost all the way off and then it sounds ok.
    Sorry but just want to make sure, are you replying to my post?

New ROGer Array

I have the same problem gents. The only sound I am getting out is from the Sub. I hope they fix this soon.

New ROGer Array

well, get a steel series siberia headphone V3, its so cheap with 28k bits support + 7.1 surround speaker.
    FML. i got an V2 and so they got V3 in so quick!

Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast