cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Shoot

Ambro789
Level 7
I am not sure what to do. I have built, building, a system around this monitor and now it looks I need to wait on buying one? I do not want problems and I read many many problems.

The whole point of my 5930k with 980 SLI, Plextor M6e and Rampage is this monitor. I am ready to buy and guess I should not? I guess I am stuck since for some reason there are none out there. It was only about a week ago I could get one from Newegg or Amazon, and now they are gone. Guess someone is fixing the issues and took them off the market?
3 REPLIES 3

Volt
Level 9
It was a pain in the butt finding one by myself. 3rd party sellers were offering it on mark up on Amazon and Ebay.

I used Now In Stock to locate one last month. http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/monitors/asus/

I got a notification that NewEgg had one, at around 12:30am on a Saturday, 11/15/2014. I logged on and was able to order one at a discount of $799.99 US. It got delivered the following week. So far it works fine. I'm not experiencing any of the issues other people have been experiencing. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. The other monitor I was considering was the LG 34" 21:9 monitor. I was looking for a monitor that would plus gaming.

I've noticed there are a few other G-Sync monitors out there.

If you want to play it safe, you could still get your new custom rig, and hold off for a while before getting this monitor.

Bri_ROG
Level 7
If I could do it all again, I would not buy a ROG Swift. Mine died suddenly last week after only 3 months use. One minute it was fine, the next...nothing.

After coming here and reading all the RMA horror stories, my heart sunk. Unfortunately, I can't get a refund, so I am stuck waiting for one to be in stock so I can do a cross ship RMA. I hope the next one is going to be fine, but if I had the option, I would have gone with another G-Sync screen and saved myself a lot of time, money, and aggravation.

Ambro789
Level 7
The thing is, I like ROG, have since they came into being. I have always had very good results with ROG components. It would appear I have to back off the monitor. That sucks for me because the high resolution 144hz g-sync monitor is the whole reason for my new computer. The other g-sync out there are not as high resolution.
Maybe it will all work out in a few MORE months.