cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SX boot pasword reset

PxApollo
Level 7
Ok guys i just registered to the forum, i need help with my asus ROG G53SX i have this boot password since i brought it.. And i decided to remove it dues to my girl keep asking for the password, now what i do is i go to the bios then i cant remember if i edit the boot password or master password i just enter the curent password then for the new password i just leave it blank and enter it, i assume the password is blank now but when i reboot my notebook it still ask me for password and i know the password is blank but it show it is invalid hmm now iam thinking how can reset the password or the whole Bios setting.. I done my research also i belive the cmos battery removing is not working with asus rog.. so what is my other options
Thanks guys in advance
Power!
6 REPLIES 6

MacHinery
Level 7
No clue.

But at least you know someone doesn't know.

MacHinery wrote:
No clue.

But at least you know someone doesn't know.

Thanks anyway for replying hope somebody could help me

MacHinery
Level 7
Don't take out the CMOS battery, whatever you do. Or, use jumpers. Ever.

MacHinery wrote:
Don't take out the CMOS battery, whatever you do. Or, use jumpers. Ever.

I see... my i know what will be badside if i remove the battery? is there other way to remove the password. I try pressing the alt+r it show rescue password and a date show i belive it is the that the laptop manufactured .. Any i dea where can get does rescue password
Thanks for the reply

MacHinery
Level 7
Eh.... basically (and I'm no good with computers,) if you remove the BIOS password, a whole bunch of nastiness can happen to your computer.

PxApollo
Level 7
My option now its either use the alt+r rescue password but cant find the calculation it any where, or use the short method jumping something on mother board i find jrst2001 and jrst 2002 under my Ram card i believe its for resting the BIOS but i need more knowledge before i touch does
Any one help me remove my bios password