cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] Asus GTX 970 Strix VRM @ 92*??

GrimDoctor
Level 7
Got my new Asus GTX 970 Strix and under load (DAI) the VRM @ 92*. Some people (not many) say below 95 is ok but it seems high to me.

If any other Strix owners can post there temps and offer advice please let me know.

This is my setup.

According to HWiNFO64 all other temps are good, just this one. Is this ok or should it be an RMA?

(Min/Max)
GPU Clock: 135.0 MHz/1463 MHz
GPU Temp: 46.0/68.0
GPU Core Voltage: 0.850 V/1.200 V
GPU VRM Temp: 49.0/92.0
GPU VRM Voltage: 0.850/1.199
5 REPLIES 5

F_1
Level 7
My STRIX 980 between 85-90 on load, idle 30-40.

GrimDoctor
Level 7
**bump**

GrimDoctor
Level 7
RE, My Asus GTX 970 Strix, I switched to "Manual Mode" for the fans. They turn over on idle now (can't hear them at all thankfully) but overall the temps on the GPU and VRM are much much better.

It does kinda defeat the purpose of OdB but then again, I have OC'd it so I probably can't complain. Though my case has pretty good flow I think I might make that Air 540 cut on the bottom of the case to get 2 more fans in there - and it will help once I decide to move over to water.

So to anyone with high VRM temps (above 90) on a Asus GTX 970 Strix, once you OC it more, manually change that fan curve. Get them running earlier and your VRM temps will be under control.

GrimDoctor
Level 7
Solved.

Hopefully this gets more help on the issue - I have the same issue. My 970 maxes out at 71 degrees, but the VRM on the card reaches 100 degrees.

Using the Manual option (40%) only cools the VRM to 95 degrees, and if I put the fans up any louder, they'd get annoying. (As well as likely decrease the life expectancy of the card.)

Do I just have a bad card?