cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Swift Rma Process question...

writer21
Level 7
So my Rog swift has been in California for almost a week at repair center. Status was repair in progress. Now it reads today after checking....

Product repair is in progress.-Wait for ASUS Confirmation for Sub-Ship

Any idea what this means?
10 REPLIES 10

Justinian
Level 7
My guess is that it means they don't know when or if they can fix the monitor and so you will get a substitute monitor. "Sub-Ship" is probably "substitution shipment". That's mixed news. Good because it may mean you get a brand new PG278Q but possibly bad because it may take a while for one to be in stock to send you. Mine only took a couple days but some people have been waiting significantly longer.

Thanks for the help!

Did you ever get that message?

Which is weird because I think our monitors had the same problem. The flickering and strobing white lines along the right side of the monitor plus kinda blurry text in places?

Justinian
Level 7
No, but the crappy repair place sent back my monitor after less than 24 hours saying they didn't see a problem with it, so they never even tried to repair it. It sounds like they found the problem with yours and couldn't fix it.

writer21
Level 7
Yeah I had blurry text under 144hz. ULMB fixed it. But there was crazy flickering at 144hz. Like very noticeable on desktop. It would flicker every 2 seconds. Like pulsating almost.

Happened right after a BF4 crash in ULMB mode. Ive been using the Benq in ULMB and no issues so far.

writer21
Level 7
So just a little update on the rma process. Received e-mail showing my RMA is scheduled to be shipped out to me yesterday.

There is a product information section on the email and it shows different serial # for the monitor I sent in. I'm going to assume they did send me a replacement not 100% sure yet. I will post pictures of the replacement or whatever they send back.

They also didn't give a tracking number for fedex.

Justinian
Level 7
My replacement came in a new box which was nice. If its a different serial # it must be a replacement monitor!

writer21
Level 7
Glad to hear good to see you enjoy yours. You havent had any issues with yours?

Justinian
Level 7
Not the replacement one, but its only been a week. The first one worked for 2 months before I had problems. But will keep fingers crossed.