cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member and have some questions about buying laptop

Byambadorj
Level 7
Hello ASUS RoG Community Members,

I'm new member on this forum and i would like to ask some questions and advice/guide from experts, gurus on buying new laptop. My experience with computers, especially with laptops are at newbie level so please understand and help me.

I move around a lot and i want to buy laptop that can compete with desktop performance that is fast, good performance (fast boot, load, DOES NOT HEAT MUCH) and also good for gaming (World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, Starcraft II etc.. games which are not TOO graphic demanding), multitasking (does not freeze or stop responding), storing files, doing work (I work with documents a lot, running some other simple softwares).

I like to design of ASUS RoG G751 and G750 series (black) and my budget is between 1300 - 1600$. Also i don't live in the US, i live in Mongolia but i can get someone to bring it from USA. Where is best/guaranteed place (could be shop or via online) with reasonable price?

If you need more details please ask and i will provide to get the best suitable laptop for me.

Thanks in advance,
Byambadorj
4 REPLIES 4

Byambadorj
Level 7
Bump

abvolt
Level 11
the rog series laptops are your best choice for a gaming rig, did you take a look on amazon or newegg they have great prices..
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Byambadorj
Level 7
So which model do you suggest? Most importantly i need a laptop that runs smooth, fast and able to multi-task. To add on this, what i meant by "i will be moving a lot" was i work on different locations for 2 week and go back home. That means i have plugs to charge :)). Also does SSD perform better than HDD. which one should i get and what size is optimal? What are the downsides of Optimus? I also heard of lower performance cuz of the laptop is using integrated Intel GPU instead of Nvidia GPU??? ANy explanation on this?

blabsaway22
Level 7
man.. just get a rog laptop.. i have a stupid lenovo with good hardware but it's so throttled and heat limited i can't really do what i want to do with it like you want to..

start looking up these rog laptops and tell me what you find. cause i'm thinking of getting one too.. i'll then compare it and find what you need.. i'm good at research and comparing..

obviously the higher you pay the better crap you get.. start with the most expensive ($4000) laptop you can find and look at the hardware.. maybe alienware etc..

then see what they have compared to the price range of laptop you are looking at..

then look.. they all have SSD and crazy video cards and etc.. so you definitely need SSD.. but you probably don't need all the raid crap and all that..

don't get SLI i can tell you that.. for a laptop its completely pointless... and as far as the heat issues, you need to make sure you get a motherboard that lets you control the fan.. and just turn the fan up to max..

i broke my fan to the point where i cut a wire that i shouldn't have- and now my fan runs max speed and i can't stop it because i cut the wire that controls the speed! haha.. but atleast its running cooler..