cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics amplifier for Asus ROG laptops?

AmikoEz
Level 7
Hey guys,
Does anyone has information whether Asus is working on Graphics Amplifier for laptops or not?
Alienware did a good job on their side. I've been looking alternatives for my Rog G750 JX laptop but couldn't find anything special.

I found some links but some of the builds cost like 1000 bucks and that is not even sure if it will work or not, sadly.
So, please share your thoughts and ideas on it, any cheap builds you might know (With a high chance of success).

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Mr_Whiterain
Level 7
I'm interested in the graphics amplifiers as well. That's dook Dell/Alienware released the hardware to work explicitly with their systems. There are alternatives but I would prefer something manufactured by Asus for my Asus G75VW, the GTX 660m isn't holding up as well as it used to. The rest of the components are still excellent though. A graphics amplifier would beat buying a new system...

ViDock is popular, but I can hold out for Nvidia or Asus to produce an alternative.

X-ROG
Level 15
We've been actively investigating this for several years, with examples such as the XG Station and XG Station 2, but nothing retail as yet. Until we've got a final model that's ready for market we won't announce anything however.

sWaZi_sKunk
Level 7
I personally think it's kind of gimiky. I'd rather have a ROG lappy that stands on it's own then have to shell out for a GA too. Price a alienware out with a GA and card and for the price you aren't getting what you should..
ROG2015 Back in Red&Black
NZXT.H440 ~ M7F ~ i7-4790k ~ Poseidon GTX980 ~ G-Skill 2400 16gb ~ 850Pro 256gb ~ ThermalTake 1050w DPS ~ VG248QE