cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g751jt backlight bleed?

romantico3pe
Level 7
I just got this laptop and noticed the design is really really nice, but I didn't have much time to test it, because as soon as I turned it on, I noticed this terrible backlight bleed on the screen, I packed it back and is ready to be return, I am still undecided if I should get another one, I am afraid to get another lemon. For others that have this laptop, Do you have the same backlight bleed on your screen? specially when displaying black images or am I the only one? any ways I am disappointed with asus, for this price this laptop should be perfect.
55 REPLIES 55

Richdog
Level 7
That is a panel fault. Return it for another one.

romantico3pe
Level 7
replacement coming tomorrow ill update, hopefully I wont have any problems with this unit

Richdog
Level 7
Will be interested to see how your new one behaves. I am stil lundecided whether my black levels and IPS glow represent a normal situaton, or if I should return for a replacement panel. if it is normal, then while it has amazing brightness and colours... good god, the blacks are absolutely awful and pretty much ruin any game with lots of dark scenes unless you have the gamma turned way up.

romantico3pe
Level 7
well currently I have a asus g73sw and the screen while no ips always had a glow that you can see while looking in an angle but was uniform, but on the first g751jt the ips screen just looked really really terrible as you can see in the picture it looked more than bleeding than glow specially in the bottom. hopefully yours isn't like mine

romantico3pe
Level 7
well I received replacement laptop, and it only had a slight bleed on the right side of the screen which didn't really bother, I was installing my programs when I noticed this ghosting, image retention on the top left of my screen, is really bad, after 20 seconds any image stays there for couple minutes and it clears by itself, but this is really annoying. Are you guys have the same ghosting, image retention on your laptops or did I get another lemon?? should I give up on this laptop??

ROGscholar
Level 7
how long did you perfoem the ghosting test? I used a black white chessboard picture, and let it be there for 5minutes. didnt notice any ghosting.

ROGscholar wrote:
how long did you perfoem the ghosting test? I used a black white chessboard picture, and let it be there for 5minutes. didnt notice any ghosting.

I did the ghosting test for 2 minutes with the same result, this is the picture with the proof, anyways I think I will just get my money back, I am tired of the returning game, I will wait a couple weeks before I get a new one, probably by then, asus will have all these screen issues sorted out.

Volador
Level 7
Romantico can you post a similar picture like the first one from your new laptop screen?

Volador wrote:
Romantico can you post a similar picture like the first one from your new laptop screen?

I will as soon as i get home