Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tsigi View Post
    Thanks for your response! I'm having this problem. So the Breath lightning effect only works, if the computer is put to sleep mode? And does it matter how you put the computer to sleep mode, in other words, do you have to put it to sleep mode via pressing the power button or does the "regular" way work aswell. In regular way I mean by selecting sleep mode from "Shut Down, Log off, Hibernate" when you right-click the Windows Icon in bottom left screen (Windows 8.1).

However, I tried both ways, but my G20 went to sleep mode without ANY lights glowing, except the white light of the power button. So my LEDs are completely shut down, while you say they should be "breathing".
    Also does it matter, if hybrid-sleep mode is enabled? (It's enabled by default)

The effect im talking about is working in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjMuyiMWaI

Any ideas?
    I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that you have to upgrade the lighting software that you can find on the Asus website, once you update the lighting control software the breath lights will work.

Also the only method to put the computer to sleep that will activate the breath lights is to configure the power button to put the G 20 to sleep, if you select sleep via the start menu it will not work yet. Now about the hybrid sleep mode I don't know if turning it off will disable the breath lights but I have mine enabled and my breath lights work fine.

This is a direct link for the lighting control software update I pulled it from the support page for the G 20 found on the Asus website
    Let me know if it works

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis..._V20106_A2.zip

Note you can also use the ROG command center that should have been preinstalled on your G 20 to look for updates for your bios, applications and I believe drivers though I'm not too sure on the third one. If you use the command center it'll handle the updates for your lighting software and anything else so it's actually pretty convenient.
    Last edited by Urzu_7; 12-18-2014 at 10:24 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ubersonic View Post
    I see the CPU is in a regular socket and not soldered to the board, this is good as I presume then somebody could order the i3 or i5 version and then later upgrade the CPU to the i7 4790 or maybe even the 4790K (I know it wouldn't be overclockable but it's clocked 400MHz higher than the non-K).
    Okay, CPU upgrading in theory is possible because the CPU is on a regular socket, but on this machine its a bit tricky. The reason is because when compared to the GPU which is just one device drawing from one power source, the CPU shares a single power source with a motherboard, ram, a DVD drive, LEDs, fans, and a hard drive. There might also be some other components that I'm forgetting. Long story short, if upgrading from the stock i3 or i5 to the !!!(((STOCK)))!!! i7 4790 NON K there shouldn't be a problem. Now remember, I said "shouldn't" but I'm not one hundred percent sure, I have never done this nor do I think anyone else has yet. However, if upgrading to a different version of the i7, i5 , i3 or another generation since this motherboard might support whatever comes after 4790 you run into the issue of possibly over drawing power from the power supply. If the CPU in place is over the recommended power draw you risk damaging the power supply or other components. The G 20 that I ordered came with a 180 W power supply for the core components and a 230 W power supply for the GPU, if the power supply you have for the main components of your G20 is rated the same as my 180 or higher, then you should be okay to upgrade at least to the i7 4790 since this is the same CPU that my G 20 came with. If you'd like to live on the edge or if you know the power draw for the CPU you want to upgrade to is close to the stock power draw of the i7 4790 then you could try it.
    Last edited by Urzu_7; 12-18-2014 at 11:09 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Urzu_7 View Post
    I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that you have to upgrade the lighting software that you can find on the Asus website, once you update the lighting control software the breath lights will work.

Also the only method to put the computer to sleep that will activate the breath lights is to configure the power button to put the G 20 to sleep, if you select sleep via the start menu it will not work yet. Now about the hybrid sleep mode I don't know if turning it off will disable the breath lights but I have mine enabled and my breath lights work fine.

This is a direct link for the lighting control software update I pulled it from the support page for the G 20 found on the Asus website
    Let me know if it works

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis..._V20106_A2.zip

Note you can also use the ROG command center that should have been preinstalled on your G 20 to look for updates for your bios, applications and I believe drivers though I'm not too sure on the third one. If you use the command center it'll handle the updates for your lighting software and anything else so it's actually pretty convenient.
    I've updated the software and have and tried the link you provided as well (just in case my download was bad somehow). I put the computer to sleep and the the "breathing worked " once. Now when I put the computer to sleep via the power button or otherwise it just shuts off the light immediately. Still not working for me.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrimen View Post
    I've updated the software and have and tried the link you provided as well (just in case my download was bad somehow). I put the computer to sleep and the the "breathing worked " once. Now when I put the computer to sleep via the power button or otherwise it just shuts off the light immediately. Still not working for me.
    Try reinstalling the The lighting software, make sure breath lights are checked to be enabled within the software and reconfigure the power button to put the computer to sleep, see if that does anything. Also you can try enabling or disabling hybrid sleep mode and make sure that the power button is not set to hibernate.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Urzu_7 View Post
    Try reinstalling the The lighting software, make sure breath lights are checked to be enabled within the software and reconfigure the power button to put the computer to sleep, see if that does anything. Also you can try enabling or disabling hybrid sleep mode and make sure that the power button is not set to hibernate.
    I did all of the above various times but still, when the PC goes to sleep it just shuts down the lights. I'll try to talk to customer support over the weekend.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I got my EVGA GTX970 OC working!
    I had given up all hope!
    All I had to do was swap the jumper that was next to the 5 other jumpers near the psu ports, this got voltage to my GPU through the pci express ports, I havent benchmarked yet properly but the heaven one I was using (on high settings) before was showing 120fps at least where my GTX745 was only 20-30 FPS.
    GPU is locked at 80 degrees max and seems to be doing good.
    I defo know how to do this now for people who have a GPU powered by the 180 watt supply, I can tell you where to get the new PSU and talk you through how to go about doing this

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

ROG Member Array

Hey all, toronto699 was gracious enough to provide a link to this thread (thank you, sir!).

Turns out my unit doesn't come with an SSD (it has a 2TB HDD, instead of the 1TB + 8GB SSD combo). So, I guess I should add my own SSD! The unit came with an SSD cable, so the option to add one must be there, right? I've built numerous PCs in the past, but this is the first time 'tinkering' with a pre-built PC.

So, I was thinking to add a 256GB SSD as my primary drive (OS and main programs/games I use) and then have the HDD as a storage drive for archiving and programs I don't run all that often.

I'm still relatively new to the SSD scene and this would be my 2nd machine to use SSD (my old rig had 2x 60GB SSD drives in a RAID setup). So focusing on the G20; incoming "newb" questions:
    - what is a suggested brand/model (I'll most likely be going to www.frys.com )?
    - any brands/models I should absolutely stay away from?
    - any tips/suggestions for a first timer like myself? (e.g. I believe I need to create an image of the OS, as there is no disc supplied)

Many thanks in advance!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Attention to all who follow this thread, I'll be taking a two week vacation starting today. Although the amount of time I spend on this thread to help others with their G 20s will be limited, please feel free to send me a private message. I want to try and check on this thread from time to time as well to assist those who have problems.
    My ultimate goal of this thread is to make it the go to place for any type of G20 moding, problems, upgrades, and general support. I believe the G 20 is a great machine and to those owners that are out there that are looking into pushing it past its stock form and do not yet have someone who has done what they are looking to do...

Good Hunting!
    Happy Holidays!
    Urzu-7

ROG Enthusiast Array

An update on the "Breath" lights issue. I spoke to support and they asked me to download the chipset drivers below is the link.
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...20AJ&p=14&s=11

I've done that and it works only when I use the sleep button on my wireless keyboard.

Is the breathing effect supposed to happen only while it goes into sleep mode? or is it supposed to be flashing throughout sleep mode?

Mine only does it a couple of times while going into sleep mode then I hear the fans come on and then lights go out.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast