Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I just bought the ROG G20AJ from BB with i7 4790/GTX 760 (dual PSU), i'm planning on upgrading with a EVGA GTX 970 SC, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws (PC3L laptop memory) and a Kingston SSDNow V300 240gb, i wont touch the original hard drive but i want the OS in the new SSD.
    I like to thank the OP for all the info posted and the encouragement, i need to ask a few questions regarding the new SSD though, i want the new SSD to be the primary drive (C) and the original drive to be storage (D), do i need to create a recovery disk prior? do i need to update the BIOS prior? can i just install Windows 8.1 from the installation disk i already own?, do i need to manage the BIOS for the computer to see the new drive and the 16gb of RAM? thanks in advance for your help.

ROG Member Array

I bought the i7-4790 version and I did not receive the back lit keyboard that I read comes with i. I just received a typical plain old wired keyboard and mous. Can anyone tell me why this is. I've had this same exact model in the past.. bought it then sold it then bought it again, and they all had a boring old wired keyboard. Why does it say it comes with a blue back lit keyboard when it in fact does not?

ROG Member Array

If you bought it from best buy it doesnt come with the backlit keyboard with the volume knob, just a plain old keyboard and mouse...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array adamsyes's Avatar

I am curious for those who mounted a EVGA ACX 2.0+ GPU cards, do they work well? or you still recommend a reference card.

I was looking at the FTW 960 2.0+ Model, it seems to draw a maximum of 235W, not sure if it's a problem since the max w supply for the gpu we get is 230w.

meh

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by masterschwag View Post
    If you bought it from best buy it doesnt come with the backlit keyboard with the volume knob, just a plain old keyboard and mouse...
    just received mine and it came with the nice keyboard and mouse, I got a wireless logitech so I won't be using those

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by adamsyes View Post
    I am curious for those who mounted a EVGA ACX 2.0+ GPU cards, do they work well? or you still recommend a reference card.

I was looking at the FTW 960 2.0+ Model, it seems to draw a maximum of 235W, not sure if it's a problem since the max w supply for the gpu we get is 230w.

meh
    the problem with non reference cards is the heat, with the reference card the heat will be pushed out to the back

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array adamsyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexyov1 View Post
    the problem with non reference cards is the heat, with the reference card the heat will be pushed out to the back
    I figured, I mostly want the 0 db to be part of the g20. Fit's the whole G20 quiet/cooling settings nicely

New ROGer Array

Have 2 questions / requests

1. Would anyone post a step-by-step procedure on how to upgrade the Graphic Card?
    2. Since installing a second 2.5" drive seems difficult and requires removing many parts, is it possible to swap the existing 3.5" SSHD drive with a 2.5" drive? Do I require a bracket for that ?

Appreciate any help I can get

Alright... Managed to disassemble and install the 2.5" SSD drive... Having another problem; unless I remove the power supply and and re-insert it, I can not start the system after shut down.. All I get is faint flashing led of the power button.

Anyone experienced something similar?
    Last edited by sms; 04-15-2015 at 05:19 AM.

ROG Member Array

Where can i buy the 230W adaptator please ? Because i can't found it on web ...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Ravenholme PC Specs
    Ravenholme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G20AJ-US009S
    MotherboardAsus H97
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4790
    Memory (part number)16GB - Kingston DDR3 1600MHz CL11 1.35v SODIMM - KVR16LS11/8
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - Founders Edition (ASUS)
    MonitorBenQ BL3201PH (4K/UHD IPS LED)
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
    Storage #2Seagate SSHD 1TB
    CaseAsus G20AJ
    Power SupplyAsus 180W PSU AC Adapter + Dell Y90RR 330W PSU AC Adapter
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    Headset Turtlebeach
    Headset/Speakers (The BenQ)
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 ASUS (SBC-06D2X-U) Slim External 6x Blu-ray Combo Drive
    Accessory #2 Asus GPU Tweak II - OC: 2050 Mhz, 90°C max, 120% Power, vsync off
    Accessory #3 http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=8796

i'm not sure which version of the system you have but i have an SSD as primary (after booting without the original drive connected to power or sata) which switched the ssd to primary. having the old shdd cloned to the ssd helped with samsung evo 850's software. just remember to wipe the original drive so there's no conflict. as for your power issue that may be related to the 180w or 230w (if you don't have both) i had both when i bought it so the jumpers weren't changed.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast