Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Ravenholme PC Specs
    Ravenholme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G20AJ-US009S
    MotherboardAsus H97
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4790
    Memory (part number)16GB - Kingston DDR3 1600MHz CL11 1.35v SODIMM - KVR16LS11/8
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - Founders Edition (ASUS)
    MonitorBenQ BL3201PH (4K/UHD IPS LED)
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
    Storage #2Seagate SSHD 1TB
    CaseAsus G20AJ
    Power SupplyAsus 180W PSU AC Adapter + Dell Y90RR 330W PSU AC Adapter
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    Headset Turtlebeach
    Headset/Speakers (The BenQ)
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 ASUS (SBC-06D2X-U) Slim External 6x Blu-ray Combo Drive
    Accessory #2 Asus GPU Tweak II - OC: 2050 Mhz, 90°C max, 120% Power, vsync off
    Accessory #3 http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=8796

I don't think the system can use a 90W AC Adapter because it wasn't tuned to the system, besides if it didn't come with it, and you didn't adjust the jumpers it's not going to work. you need a 180W and a 230W (or the Dell 330W) my set up works but mine was the G20AJ with the GTX760 at the time, now it runs with a GTX 980ti.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by xXxLoliHunterxXx View Post
    I just wanted to clarify something about the ssd upgrade.

Does the g20 already have the power and sata cables for installing an SSD inside? Or would I need to find/purchase those separately when doing an SSD install? Looking to put in a 240 kingston ssd this afternoon.
    The power line is already in the case, you'll need to add your own SATA data cable, but there's plenty of space for it if it's a bit long, just make sure one end has a 90 degree end to it.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    The power line is already in the case, you'll need to add your own SATA data cable, but there's plenty of space for it if it's a bit long, just make sure one end has a 90 degree end to it.
    Thanks for clarifying! I will give this a shot tonight.

ROG Member Array

The ssd job went without a hitch. I did run into some issues with my new Win 10 install though. Windows Update installed a Nvidia driver right away, and after that I couldn't stop the system from shutting itself down. I even had the system artifacting and shutting down trying to watch youtube videos... A clean install of Windows again and a quick install of the latest driver from Geforce.com before Windows Update could do damage and this system is rock solid after 3 hours of ArmA 3.

So just a heads up, if people are having GPU issues it's most likely driver related. The G20 seems really sensitive to drivers and probing the system. I know if you try to use SpeedFan to control the fan speeds, as soon as it opens it causes massive white and black artifacting and a full lockup, and that has nothing to do with video drivers.

I will be looking into getting a 980 eventually, but my 760 is enough for me for now as I use my 32" 720p tv for gaming.

New ROGer Array

upgrading to 980 TI

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread for quite a while now. I'm looking to upgrade to 980Ti. Is it possible, and can someone recommend me the right card.

This is my current configuration:

ASUS G20AJ-US009S :

[Chassis/Case] ASUS ROG G20 Chassis
    [Chassis Airflow / Fans] Stock Chassis Fans
    [Advanced Cooling] Standard Factory Heat-Sink & Fan [Not Recommended for CPU Overclocking]
    [Power Supply] 230W + 180W External AC Adapter
    [Motherboard] ASUS H97 (H97 Chipset) (Mini-ITX, 2 SO-DIMMS, 1 PCIe Slot)
    [Processor] Intel® Core i7-4790 (3.60-4.00GHz) (22nm, 8MB cache) (Quad-Core CPU) - Default
    [Graphics Card - Single] SINGLE - NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) GDDR5 (New - Maxwell Architecture) EVGA SuperClocked Edition w/ ACX Cooling
    [Memory] 8GB DDR3 1600MHz [SKU-422P] (Dual Channel Memory (2x4GB SODIMMS)) – Default
    [1st Hard Drive] 1TB 7200RPM [SATA III w/ 8GB Cache SSD] - Default (SKU - X5S393)
    [2nd Hard Drive] No Secondary Hard Drive
    [Optical Drive - Bay 1] Slim - 8x Super Multi DVDRW/CDRW Combo Drive
    [External Optical Drive] No External DVD Drive
    [Sound Card] Integrated Motherboard Audio
    [Bluetooth] Bluetooth Included *With select wireless cards only* (See “Wireless Network” Section Below)
    [Networking] Integrated 802.11 AC WiFi Card + Bluetooth 4.0
    [Operating System] WINDOWS 8.1 - 64-Bit (Pre-Installed)

Thank you
    Sebastien

New ROGer Array

Help!

Hello I'm new to these forums and have a pretty serious concern. I installed 16gb of RAM, a 4790K cpu, intel 256 ssd, and a GTX 970 reference model from BestBuy. My RoG came with one psu which was the 230W, at first when i installed the 970 the computer wouldn't recognize the gpu. I got on this forum and read about the jumper and needing to "short the circuit" while also purchasing another psu which was the 180W one from amazon. I did mess with the jumper but I don't believe I did it correctly because of the random shut downs from lack of power. The problem I'm having is a Kernal power error and my computer is shutting down randomly in graphic intensive games, this is where my concern comes in because while my original psu (the 230W) is hot to the touch, my other ac adapter (the 180W) is as cold as an iceberg. I'm relatively new to building computers and messing with them so I believe I messed up something with the jumper, I can literally unplug my 180W adapter and my computer still runs leading me to believe that I'm only drawing power from one adapter. I read on here about the dell 330W adapter which seems like a very viable options but until I think that I'm drawing power from both adapters I don't want to invest anymore money into these ac adapters. Sorry if my terminology is wack for this forum but I really need the help. Any help is appreciated thank you!

ROG Member Array

Hey guys, have any of you ever had a problem with your CPU fans going to max speed and staying there under light load?

Sometimes, maybe twice a week, my CPU fans will jump to max speed and stay there while my system is totally idle. It never does this under load.

A suspend or restart fixes it, but it seems like a BIOS bug. I have the latest bios.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by bensetsfire View Post
    So here's my upgrade problem. I had the i5-4460/GTX 750 model, and I upgraded to an EVGA GTX 970 - everything worked with no issues. Then I upgraded to 16GB RAM and an i7-4790k - now, every so often, the power will just completely cut out for the 230W power brick when I'm playing a game. I have to unplug the brick from the wall in order to get it to switch back on again. During all of this though I discovered that if I unplug the 180W power brick, the computer still operates as normal... So does this mean everything is running off of my 230W supply alone?? And if so, how do I get it to take power from the 180W input? If anyone has any answers I would greatly appreciate the assistance.
    I have the same g20 as you, with the GTX 750 and i5 cpu. I want to upgrade to a GTX 960, I was thinking maybe the EVGA 960 from best buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-gef...&skuId=4047283) will my current power supply work? I believe its the 230w since it only came with one. If not, I believe i need to order the 180w as a supplement (http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-G46VW-...2%3A1248879011), which is what I've learned from googling this numerous times. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm new to PC building. Thanks!

New ROGer Array

Hello
    I have the g20aj it has 750 gtx i7 model i want to upgrade the GPU to gtx980 i am aware i will need another power supply as mine only came with this one
    http://prntscr.com/96f2va is that the 230 watt one ? i need to know which model gtx 980 i can use and what is the other power supply i need please
    Thanks guys

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by clarkdoh View Post
    Hello I'm new to these forums and have a pretty serious concern. I installed 16gb of RAM, a 4790K cpu, intel 256 ssd, and a GTX 970 reference model from BestBuy. My RoG came with one psu which was the 230W, at first when i installed the 970 the computer wouldn't recognize the gpu. I got on this forum and read about the jumper and needing to "short the circuit" while also purchasing another psu which was the 180W one from amazon. I did mess with the jumper but I don't believe I did it correctly because of the random shut downs from lack of power. The problem I'm having is a Kernal power error and my computer is shutting down randomly in graphic intensive games, this is where my concern comes in because while my original psu (the 230W) is hot to the touch, my other ac adapter (the 180W) is as cold as an iceberg. I'm relatively new to building computers and messing with them so I believe I messed up something with the jumper, I can literally unplug my 180W adapter and my computer still runs leading me to believe that I'm only drawing power from one adapter. I read on here about the dell 330W adapter which seems like a very viable options but until I think that I'm drawing power from both adapters I don't want to invest anymore money into these ac adapters. Sorry if my terminology is wack for this forum but I really need the help. Any help is appreciated thank you!
    hello mate have you set your jumpers as instructed here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...et-the-jumpers!

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast