Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

hello someone knows where I can get cable 8 pin video card ??

New ROGer Array

warranty

It does not void your whole warranty if you open the computer it only voids the part you upgraded.
    For instance if you upgrade the graphic card (gpu) and the mother board dies later on and you still in the warranty period they will
    replace the whole computer or the motherboard. but you would have to send the whole computer in ether way. make sure u keep all
    the stock part because you would have to put them back in order for them to fix the problem.... unless u want to give away your
    upgraded parts. I called asus and this is what they told me...
    call for your self to see if they say the same thing !

Btw i plan on upgrading my g20s
    cpu to i7 4790
    gpu to Evga 980
    plane on making video

New ROGer Array

warranty

It does not void your whole warranty if you open the computer it only voids the part you upgraded.
    For instance if you upgrade the graphic card (gpu) and the mother board dies later on and you still in the warranty period they will
    replace the whole computer or the motherboard. but you would have to send the whole computer in ether way. make sure u keep all
    the stock part because you would have to put them back in order for them to fix the problem.... unless u want to give away your

cpu to i7 4790
    gpu to Evga 980
    plane on making video

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by stevox85 View Post
    This just made my day! Which 980 did you put in it? There are many different variants to choose from.
    My g20 only came with a single power brick so I need to try to find where to get the second one/double brick unit.
    Did you need any other cables other than whats in the unit itself or that came with the card?
    Finally did everything function when you put it back together?
    Asus dont want us to upgrade with their hardware hence the repeated same answers of warranty being void etc. which is fair enough but I'm determined to upgrade my g20

cpu to i7 4790
    gpu to Evga 980
    plane on making video

New ROGer Array

Usb on the motherboard

I have problems with my wheel connected with usb to the G20aj, so am wondering if you can tell me what controls are used for the usb both front
    and rear. Its not some common usb pci card? Asus support would not say. Thanks.

Frakking frustrated Array Dysternaut's Avatar

Exclamation You WILL void your warranty!

Quote Originally Posted by kickass0075 View Post
    I have a case ongoing with Asus, regarding something else, and I asked the guy about this. He said that they DO offer continued warranty on computers that are upgraded IF it is a model designed for upgrading! The G20 IS NOT designed to be upgraded, so if you open it up, you void the warranty on the whole unit. So be warned!

New ROGer Array

G20 GPU upgrade

I purchased a G20 just like everyone else here, it has a GTX 760 inside.... My G20 was an open box from BestBuy... I been having issues with the GTX 760, so BB said they would replace it with a GTX 970, however they are waiting to here back from Asus on a ^ pin power cable for the GTX 970.....

I was hoping someone here might have an idea on how I could just get one of these. If it was suppose to come with the computer it did not because it was an open box. I am going to continue searching online, but I barely know what it is I am even looking for as far as appearance, so any help at all is appreciated.

Thank you

ROG Member Array

Both the 760 and the 970 both use 2x6pin connectors. shouldn't need any cables, already in G20. I purchased the same model as you but not open box and it came with just an extra sata cable and extra 6 pin connector. Not sure why they included the extra 6 pin. If the geeksquad went to nvidia and compared the 2 cards they would see this. Unless your totally new to pc's or warrantee issue. I wouldn't let any of them near my pc. Also if they look on the actual box for the new 970 it says 2x6 pin pcie express supplementary power connectors. Geeksquad should be able to figure this out in seconds.

if by chance you do need a cable.
    https://www.google.com/webhp?source=...ower+connector
    Last edited by Sick_G20; 02-13-2016 at 07:27 PM. Reason: added link

New ROGer Array

Question about upgrading memory

Hi, I would like to upgrade my g20aj memory to 16gb. I want to know whether I can use ddr4 memory or I have to use ddr3 memory. Can anyone answer my question?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by waiting View Post
    Hi, I would like to upgrade my g20aj memory to 16gb. I want to know whether I can use ddr4 memory or I have to use ddr3 memory. Can anyone answer my question?
    Did you browse the forum? this is a common question and the answer is DDR3 1600 and there are more than a few threads dedicated just to memory.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-G20AJ-upgrade

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast