Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

n00b alert

i have bought an asus rog g20aj but the person sold it without any cables. i bought a 180w power supply cable using my serial number from asus but windows says i do not have a nvidia gpu altough i have a geforce gtx 760 2gb along with i7 4790.
    therefore i can not driver update it and actually i dont even know if its turned on. i browsed some forums here and came to realise i might also need the 230w power supply?!? or should i just change my 180 for the 230? will that be enough?
    oh, and also the system is incredibily loud. i mean you can hear the fan from the other room. can this be because of the power supply?
    ty for your help and sry if this is the wrong section or smth

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by kretzoo View Post
    i have bought an asus rog g20aj but the person sold it without any cables. i bought a 180w power supply cable using my serial number from asus but windows says i do not have a nvidia gpu altough i have a geforce gtx 760 2gb along with i7 4790.
    therefore i can not driver update it and actually i dont even know if its turned on. i browsed some forums here and came to realise i might also need the 230w power supply?!? or should i just change my 180 for the 230? will that be enough?
    oh, and also the system is incredibily loud. i mean you can hear the fan from the other room. can this be because of the power supply?
    ty for your help and sry if this is the wrong section or smth
    Yes with the 760 you need both power bricks. Otherwise it won't power the 760 GPU.
    I wouldn't use it until I get the 230 post brick. I have had toys problem when I accidentally loosened the plug on the 230 power brick and the rig wasn't recognizing the 760.

New ROGer Array

i have managed to buy both bricks and now it works, tnx.
    now i fooled myself into installing win 8.1 on the 32 ssd but quickly realised there is no way i can manage to keep the ssd with enough space to work properly. (it soon reached close to capacity after win update)
    i read some other guys suggesting to use the 32ssd as a cache disk and install the win and everything else on the 1tb hdd using raid instead of ahci in bios. sounds very tricky for me
    any advice on how to do that or maybe other ideas? is caching really gonna make a difference or should i just forget about the 32gb ssd and use it for storage or smth?
    tnx a lot
    Last edited by kretzoo; 10-13-2016 at 10:33 PM.

ROG Member Array

I just bought a G20AJ. I'm wanting to upgrade the GPU from the stock 750 to a GTX960, however the computer came with only one power supply (230Watt). Is this enough to install the GTX960 or do I have to have the second Power supply?
    Thanks for any help!
    Thomas

ROG Member Array

You absolutely need both of them .... i have a 960 with my G20 AJ and even if this is a middle range GPU it draws some juice at boost clock speeds. Bare in mind that you will void the warranty if you open the case. I would upgrade other components in the same time to prevent further headaches

Cheers

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by biobg View Post
    You absolutely need both of them .... i have a 960 with my G20 AJ and even if this is a middle range GPU it draws some juice at boost clock speeds. Bare in mind that you will void the warranty if you open the case. I would upgrade other components in the same time to prevent further headaches

Cheers
    Thanks for the reply. Since I have the 230 watt Power brick, I need to order the 180 watt power brick, correct?
    Thanks!
    Thomas

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by grayrock View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Since I have the 230 watt Power brick, I need to order the 180 watt power brick, correct?
    Thanks!
    Thomas
    Yeah exactly

ROG Member Array

Okay. I received my 180 w power brick today. I crack open the computer to remove the GTX 750 and noticed there is no 8 pin to 8 pin power connector. I have one but it's a dual 8 pin to 6/8pin and takes up too much space to install the video card. So now I'm off to try and find a 8 pin to 8pin power connector. Wish me luck.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array FonzieBulldog PC Specs
    FonzieBulldog PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Homebuilt and named The Bulldog
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero VIII
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K 4.6 Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Graphics Card #2Sometimes a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
    Graphics Card #3Sometimes a Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    MonitorAsus 3D
    Storage #1M2 SSD 512GB
    Storage #2SSD 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H115i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard Razer
    Mouse Razer
    Headset Razer
    Mouse Pad Razer
    Headset/Speakers Razer
    OS Windows 10 X64 Pro
    Accessory #1 Updated Asus G20CB (The Midget)
    Accessory #2 GTX 1080 Founders Edition
    Accessory #3 Intel i7-6700K

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by FonzieBulldog View Post
    Thanks for the reply. However that one is male to female. Need 8 pin male to 8 pin male. (My video card only has 1 8pin power connector. )

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast