Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

So I decided to hold off on the HDD because it looks like the only way to get to it would be to remove the motherboard, unscrew the back panel and attack it from underneath. I wish I had more time and well my weekends is almost up. Also I have some bad news, my local B.B. Ran out of 980s so I'm putting in a spare 680 I had for now. Still better than the stock GPU and I want to see how the temps are.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	43969

ROG Enthusiast Array

:') everything's back together, so beautiful... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	43973
    Last edited by Urzu_7; 12-07-2014 at 09:11 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

An update to those worried about CPU temps after throwing in something like the 680. To start I did a small overclock on the GPU (+55) and ran the GPU at max with CPU benchmarking software, CPU Avg was 68C.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Awesome work mate!
    I ordered a GTX780 should arrive in a day or 2, got a standard galaxy one, I was worried some of the super clocked ones and the ones with all the extra fans and styling covers wouldnt fit, I'll see how I go with it.
    The PSU should be shipped any time now, coming to Australia from Hong kong, so there might be a bit of a wait
    I decided on the 780 because the 980 is very expensive and I couldnt justify spending that kind of money right now.
    Keep us posted on your rig, would love to know how you go if you decide to put the 980 in it!!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by stevox85 View Post
    Awesome work mate!
    I ordered a GTX780 should arrive in a day or 2, got a standard galaxy one, I was worried some of the super clocked ones and the ones with all the extra fans and styling covers wouldnt fit, I'll see how I go with it.
    The PSU should be shipped any time now, coming to Australia from Hong kong, so there might be a bit of a wait
    I decided on the 780 because the 980 is very expensive and I couldnt justify spending that kind of money right now.
    Keep us posted on your rig, would love to know how you go if you decide to put the 980 in it!!!
    I think the 780 is Slightly bigger than my 680, just want to give you heads up when you put the card in it's really tight but it will fit just be careful not to damage the PCI E riser card.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Looking forward to my gear getting here, I think ill do a dummy run with the card this weekend while I wait for the PSU, how is your system performing after the upgrade?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by stevox85 View Post
    Looking forward to my gear getting here, I think ill do a dummy run with the card this weekend while I wait for the PSU, how is your system performing after the upgrade?
    My G 20 is performing great, when I put in the SSD I also replaced the stock thermal paste so now my CPU temps are a just a few degrees lower than they were stock even with the 680 at 1098 MHz. I think that's just from how great the airflow was designed around this case. I've been doing heavy gaming at ultra settings and not once have the fans spooled up to where I've noticed them.

Hey I meant to ask you, did yours come with an extra six pin connector in the box just like mine?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm sure mine came with 2 six pin connectors.
    I ordered the GTX780, on the website the specs say it can take this card, some reviews also have it in them but a company in the US told me that the 780 draws too much power.
    I find this hard to believe when the 780 is listed on Asus's website, I'm gonna try anyway and if there are any issues ill get a gtx970 instead.
    The way I see it is that at the moment the gtx745 in mine is a 50 watt card and it draws power from the single PSU that I got, if I put in the 780 that draws a smidge more than the GPU PSU can give me then there's still 50watts left over from taking out the 745.
    So hopefully the extra few watts will be drawn from the primary PSU?
    Exciting times haha!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Actually I got a 6 pin, red/wine colored and an 8 pin, black.

ROG Enthusiast Array

thanks for all photos, keep em coming

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast