cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Power Supply, Bad Customer Service

teamtrav
Level 7
I have got to say, I am not very impressed with Asus Customer Service. I just called in and had a terrible experience. I am not sure the guy realized he was a jerk, but when I told him my computer would go in and out of charging and it appeared to have either a bad plug port or a bad plug head on the power supply, he pretty much cut me off and just told me to send it in rudely without offering any trouble shooting or sympathy. You could tell he just didn't want to deal with me. I was completely nice about it, so it really caught me off guard how abrupt he was. Made me think twice about buying an asus in the future.

I am sure plenty of people try to get handouts, but I use this laptop for my business and he didn't try to offer any kind of solution. Pretty much just told me to deal with it and you could tell he was in a hurry to get off the phone.

I paid a lot of money for this laptop and don't intend to go without it or the power supply for a couple of weeks while they determine if they want to warranty it. I am happy to trouble shoot it and try to tweak it on my end to make it work, but they didn't offer any advice.

Very disappointed! Love my laptop, but not sure I will get another one if that is how they treat their premium laptop customers.
2 REPLIES 2

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Don't let one asshole ruin your experience, Trav. Loads of customer support people eventually turn sour with all the abuse they take.. though don't let it rub back on you. Give the service center another call, see if you get someone else who's able to help you do an RMA.

There's also a great guide here made by Mason@Asus.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34832-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide

The only solution or trouble shooting I can offer is..

Have you tried wiggling the plug to see if it's the actual charger?

Have you tried to take the battery out, then put it back in firmly?

Is the drop outs consistant?

Is the battery power 'plugged in, but not charging' when the battery is around 95%+?

Is there any actual damage you can see on the unit? (Frayed cords, slices, exposures, etc.)

Hit back with what you can answer and I'll try help determine the real issue. Of course it's a hardware issue though and most likely will need a repair / swap.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
teamtrav wrote:
I have got to say, I am not very impressed with Asus Customer Service. I just called in and had a terrible experience. I am not sure the guy realized he was a jerk, but when I told him my computer would go in and out of charging and it appeared to have either a bad plug port or a bad plug head on the power supply, he pretty much cut me off and just told me to send it in rudely without offering any trouble shooting or sympathy. You could tell he just didn't want to deal with me. I was completely nice about it, so it really caught me off guard how abrupt he was. Made me think twice about buying an asus in the future.

I am sure plenty of people try to get handouts, but I use this laptop for my business and he didn't try to offer any kind of solution. Pretty much just told me to deal with it and you could tell he was in a hurry to get off the phone.

I paid a lot of money for this laptop and don't intend to go without it or the power supply for a couple of weeks while they determine if they want to warranty it. I am happy to trouble shoot it and try to tweak it on my end to make it work, but they didn't offer any advice.

Very disappointed! Love my laptop, but not sure I will get another one if that is how they treat their premium laptop customers.

teamtrav, sorry to hear you did not have a better experience and if you received a case number, please send it to me (cl-Albert) by Private Message if you are able to and don't mind taking the time, so I can forward to our call center team to look into.

Thanks to Darnassus as always for helping and we can try to troubleshoot more on the forums if you wish, or if you want to give U.S. ASUS Support another chance/try, you may want to contact them by phone or chat and be sure to request a case number after you finish talking to them since it will help us investigate.
They should always offer to provide a survey too from what I've heard.

Thanks.