Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello
    are you using G751 with GTX 980M, if yes Can you help me to get file rom bios video please?
    I try to dump bios video to install yosemite on G751. I run live Ubuntu but it doesn't.
    Thanks

ROG Member Array

Nice to see linux guys with rog laptops with Arch especially. Running hardened gentoo (g53sx) personally but i find arch nice too because you can choose between compiling or using packages.

New ROGer Array

I never used any linux but since windows10 is seemingly designed only for shearing sheeps, I feel forced to go linux... or at least look for an alternative.

Is there really no way to instal ONLY linux on a Asus ROG laptop 751jy ? I don't want to have anything to do with windows or microsoft anymore, is it doable?
    I undertand most programs will not work, but how about very basic stuff like bluetooth file transfer to my phone? Ideally I would want to play dota2, run msoffice-style programs that would allow for opening their files on computers with msoffice, use flash on web browser to watch some twitch or youtube etc, etc.

And how is it with installing drivers for linux? From what I know these drivers directly for asus ROG are not even availible for Windows7 not to mention linux... Is there really such a big problem running asus ROG on linux or windows 7 with drivers directly from nvidia?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2