cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPS display or not ?

Sagi
Level 7
They are replacing my screen because of some green glow and this is the one they are replacing it with:

LCD TFT 17.3' FHD WV EDP LED

Can someone tell me if this is the standard screen for G751 ???

Cause I can't tell if it's a IPS display or not..
The King of the north!
8 REPLIES 8

Richdog
Level 7
As far as Im aware all G751 screens are IPS... so the chance they would replace with an inferior screen is pretty slim I would think.

Yes, but I can't find it anywhere.. It would be nice to get confirmed.
The King of the north!

Richdog
Level 7
Why would they replace an IPS panel with a different type that they don't use on any G751? It makes no logical sense.

The "WV" in the name you posted is likely "wide view", therefore IPS.

Sagi
Level 7
It's not more then a few days a guy posted he had gotten the wrong screen - So that's why.. And even more annoying is, I can't find the post :confused:
The King of the north!

Sagi wrote:
It's not more then a few days a guy posted he had gotten the wrong screen - So that's why.. And even more annoying is, I can't find the post :confused:

I'll believe it when iI see it... 😉

hmscott wrote:
Sagi, as I recall someone posted that "LCD TFT 17.3' FHD WV EDP LED" approximates what is written on the side of the G751 box in the inventory list - I don't think it says IPS on the original Box, can someone with a box please check for Sagi? 🙂

Yup just checked, and can confirm that.

hmscott
Level 12
Sagi wrote:
They are replacing my screen because of some green glow and this is the one they are replacing it with:

LCD TFT 17.3' FHD WV EDP LED

Can someone tell me if this is the standard screen for G751 ???

Cause I can't tell if it's a IPS display or not..

Sagi, as I recall someone posted that "LCD TFT 17.3' FHD WV EDP LED" approximates what is written on the side of the G751 box in the inventory list - I don't think it says IPS on the original Box, can someone with a box please check for Sagi? 🙂

Sagi
Level 7
Cheers!
The King of the north!

yih_torng
Level 7
you can check it in device manager>monitor>properties>details>propety (* select hardware,dev node status and so on)
i using g551jm-dm052H which using AUO36ED a ****ty TN panel