cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 Keyboard Backlighting Timeout

kennycol
Level 7
Howdy all! I've had my G751JT for a while now and am loving it. One thing that I haven't been able to find an answer to yet is how to disable the timeout on the keyboard backlighting. My searches return all kinds of info for the same thing for older modes like the G750, but most of those have to do with reverting to a specific version of the ATK drivers, but that version is really old and that doesn't seem like the right answer. Is there some way to force the keyboard backlighting to stay on without activity?

Thanks!
22 REPLIES 22

DeltaActual
Level 12
up1234567890
G614JV

Joystick
Level 7
I can be totally wrong, but I think there must be something in Windows' register to remember if you chose to activate, or deactivate, backlit keys,maybe it's a value for a counter. Try exporting big chunks of your register, (de)activating backlit keys, exporting again, comparing files with a file comparison tool. You should find an answer in less than a minute.

I would also like to know how to keep the keyboard lights on, all the time. Just got my G751JT last week. Thanks

Thanks Ary-Aman it works 😄 but instead of 1 year i just config it to 1 hour (3600 sec = 0x00000e10) Cheers!!

RMXM
Level 7
Same here, would be nice to have the option to make the keyboard lights stay on, all the time.

RogueNote wrote:
Same here, would be nice to have the option to make the keyboard lights stay on, all the time.

Hello Folks,

on my G751JY i changed the following value in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\ATK Package\TurnOffKeybdLight

to hex 1e13380 (dec 31536000) which equals to 1 year of backlighting. For me it's enough time. 😉

Kind regards

Ary-Aman wrote:
Hello Folks,

to hex 1e13380 (dec 31536000) which equals to 1 year of backlighting. For me it's enough time. 😉

Kind regards

Awesome! I'll give this a try. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Hello,
Maybe you need replace a keyboard.
I found a backlight keyboard, but with palm rest: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Laptop-Keyboard-For-ASUS-G751-G751JM-G751JT-G751JY-Black-Wit...
You can contact them to check the message.
Hope that will helpful to you!

Ary-Aman wrote:
Hello Folks,

Kind regards

It worked! Thank you so much buddy
ASUS RoG GL552VW-CN430T
Intel i7 6300HQ
16 GiB DDR4
128 GiB SSD + 1 TiB 7200 RPM HDD
NVIDIS 960M 4 GiB
Windows 10 64-bit