cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of range. monitor will NOT display desktop

BlakeC
Level 7
When I reboot I get the bios splash then the windows logo and then out of range. I've unplugged/rebooted and nothing works the monitor won't display windows at all. I use the same cable on my lg34um95 and it works just fine. I really need someone to respond and help me out. It was working g just fine until I hit the gamer profile on my Asus GPU tweak. I've since reverted back to original overclock and still nothing.

Maximus VII hero
Strix Gtx970 sli
16gb corsair dp @1866
Evga 1000w g2
5 REPLIES 5

BlakeC
Level 7
I mean seriously do I have to leave negative reviews on retailer sites to get responded to from Asus? This is a well known problem these monitors should be recalled with the amount of duds out there.

Volt
Level 9
Maybe it's a lose or bad cable? Or maybe one of the connectors on the monitor or graphics card is faulty. But if it works on your other monitor, then I don't think it's the cable.

How long did the Asus Rog Swift work until this happened? How did you like it? How did you like the lg34um95 as a gaming monitor? When I was shopping for a new monitor for my gaming rig, it was between the Asus Rog Swift and the lg34um95.

Volt wrote:
Maybe it's a lose or bad cable? Or maybe one of the connectors on the monitor or graphics card is faulty. But if it works on your other monitor, then I don't think it's the cable.

How long did the Asus Rog Swift work until this happened? How did you like it? How did you like the lg34um95 as a gaming monitor? When I was shopping for a new monitor for my gaming rig, it was between the Asus Rog Swift and the lg34um95.

It worked for about 6 hours. Every time I tried to change anything with the GPU frrquence the screen would go black and say out of range until finally it just wouldn't cone back on at all. But while it worked it was beautiful. The 34um95 is an awesome monitor for games like far cry and shadow of mordor it looks amazing but I'm spoiled by 144hz for games like the new cod or csgo etc. Depends on what you play really.

Something to try, if you boot Windows to safe mode, then it should boot up your computer to a safer setting and small desktop size that works with most monitors. Once there, then you should be able to experiment with the settings.

I'm playing a combination of FPS/MMORPG/RTS. Such as BF4, Far Cry 4, Shadow of Mordor, WoW (don't laugh). I got my Asus Rog last month, and it's been working great with games.

seallone
Level 7
mine was working fine, then it would loose its signal,Had to hard reset, then in games or desktop, screen would flash then this would happen.

Then i would restart comp. it would be fine. then 5mins later or 2 hours later, screen goes blank, for 1 secound. then it down ress's again. Crap monitor. wish i keeped my samsung 120 hz