cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g75vw, PC will not boot to anything.

TMWAlpha22
Level 7
Currently typing on phone, so excuse me for typos. But I was installing an intel 730 series Ssd, 480 gb, and it wouldn't read on the OS. I went into the bios, and saw it, but as I was tinkering with it, I believe I selected a different protocol for running the drives, such as raid. After I saved my PC bluescreened, and now it won't even load my bios. Just a blank screen. Is there any way to reset the bios such as a jumper or something? Or is my beloved laptop dead? Quick answers are appreciated as I need it for class over this week and can't afford to bring it in. Thanks in advance. (Btw I haven't found anything specific to this laptop on what to do so sorry if there's already a thread on this)
Specs if it might help
Specs: i7 3630qm
Nvidia 670m
12 gb ram
Windows 10 beta
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
TMWAlpha22 wrote:
Currently typing on phone, so excuse me for typos. But I was installing an intel 730 series Ssd, 480 gb, and it wouldn't read on the OS. I went into the bios, and saw it, but as I was tinkering with it, I believe I selected a different protocol for running the drives, such as raid. After I saved my PC bluescreened, and now it won't even load my bios. Just a blank screen. Is there any way to reset the bios such as a jumper or something? Or is my beloved laptop dead? Quick answers are appreciated as I need it for class over this week and can't afford to bring it in. Thanks in advance. (Btw I haven't found anything specific to this laptop on what to do so sorry if there's already a thread on this)
Specs if it might help
Specs: i7 3630qm
Nvidia 670m
12 gb ram
Windows 10 beta

Well you running a BETA OS so that suspect, and not appropriate for a mission critical System, that said it sounds like you tried to install a UEFI on a Legacy system or visa versa. Then changing your BIOS to RAID from UEFI. It doesn't make sense that you can't get back into your BIOS. The correct setting would be AHCI and UEFI if you get back in. I'm not positive but I don't think Win 10 BETA has a 32 bit version only 64 Bit. http://www.tenforums.com/ is where you would get information on Win 10 BETA
This thread is still relevant as to upgrading your notebook gives you the basics, for your notebook.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Alright, I sorted it out. For some reason my hard drive failed, and that caused my bios to not open, for some reason I don't know why that would happen, but thanks for the reply.

Yes very strange so changing out your hard drive fixed the problem? BIO is Mother board not hard drive related at all. Getting into the BIOS can be difficult running windows 8 or 10. you have to make sure your doing a full shutdown rather than the default Hybrid shut down which is just a new type of sleep mode.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro