cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Issue with maxx audio defulting to small headphones

Boom_austin
Level 7
Pretty much as the title says. im having an issue with my g751jy maxx audio interface. i am running windows 7 because i dont enjoy 8 or 8.1.
Anyway what happens is i set up a profile in maxx audio manager (rog audio wizard) and i select large headphones because small sounds terrible no low end response really. works fine sounds good. but as soon as i disconnect my headphones and plug them back in the maxx audio program defults back to small headphones. is also does then when i select large speakers when using line out.

What ive tried so far:
- Ive tried any setting i can find in rog audio wizard and realtek audio manager.
- tried the g750 audio drivers (didn't function properly)

Any help would be greatly appriciated 🙂 thanks
3 REPLIES 3

hmscott
Level 12
Boom_austin wrote:
Pretty much as the title says. im having an issue with my g751jy maxx audio interface. i am running windows 7 because i dont enjoy 8 or 8.1.
Anyway what happens is i set up a profile in maxx audio manager (rog audio wizard) and i select large headphones because small sounds terrible no low end response really. works fine sounds good. but as soon as i disconnect my headphones and plug them back in the maxx audio program defults back to small headphones. is also does then when i select large speakers when using line out.

What ive tried so far:
- Ive tried any setting i can find in rog audio wizard and realtek audio manager.
- tried the g750 audio drivers (didn't function properly)

Any help would be greatly appriciated 🙂 thanks

austin, uninstall the Realtek driver you have now, it's good to restore it with Asus Install as it will use the original build drivers from C:\eSupport to make sure they are the exact same ones the laptop was shipped with.

When using Asus Install, it will come up with everything it knows about that can be installed Checked. Uncheck those things you uninstalled on purpose, and only leave Checked what you want reinstalled, as when you click Install, everything with a Check in the checkbox will be installed.

Plug in your headphones, say Ok to the prompt with Headphones checked, and open Realteck HD Audio Manager, select Audio Wizard tab, Click Launch, and when it comes up click on MultiMedia and hit the expand button, then it should look like this, and clicking on the little light icon, the Red one is currently selected, should select between Small, Medium, Large. You need to click on the light Dot, clicking on the word won't work. It works on my G750JH.

Then you can adjust the rest of the dials and buttons. You can then do this for the other modes, Action, War Room, Soundscape, Battlefield.

If you can't switch between size by clicking the little Light Dot, the Red one shows currently selected, then there is a bug in the software, and you need to report it to Asus via a Technical Inquiry. Make sure to give them the details, driver version ( .7335?), and include images in a zip file stepping them through what you did and what you see attached to the Technical Inquiry.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry

Early Realtek drivers on the G750JW/JX/JH also didn't work correctly for changing headphones size. We didn't get a working Realtek driver package until the end of September 2013, I got my first G750JW in June 2013. In between I used the equalizer and other settings in the dialogs to get desirable sound through my headphones.

Please post what you find, and what Asus says if you need to file the Technical Inquiry.

Boom_austin
Level 7
good news i solved it by installing a different g750 driver the Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6017304 one thanks.

Boom_austin wrote:
good news i solved it by installing a different g750 driver the Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6017304 one thanks.

Boom_austin, it should work with the driver that shipped with your G751, was that version 7335? 7304 is pretty old.

I am running 7335 on my G750JH and headphone size selection is working.

What other driver versions did you try that didn't work?