cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver meses up FRONT/REAR??!!

xamoel
Level 7
Hi,
recently reinstalled my OS and installed the newest Phoebus driver.
Now when listening to movies I nearly always have the problem that the driver mixes up FRONT/REAR channels when in 5.1, meaning all sounds comes from the REAR speakers, none from FRONT/CENTER.

I have to manually switch back to STEREO, then back to 5.1, all of a sudden it works again.

Anyone else experiencing this problems? Windows 7 64 bit.

Didn't have this problem with the version before.
4 REPLIES 4

kentukky
Level 7
Hello.
I'm sorry, but near everybody has that problem, even me!
All you should know is, that you can't fix it. There is no solution since 2012.
No driver fixes, no excuses, nothing. Just blame.

Official ASUS Support always says: "We have no information about that problem, try to install new drivers."
In other words: " Just **ck you!"
I saw a lot of threads and forums, where people were mad about that. A lot of them brought the sound card back, and the others (like me and you) are switching every day between "Stereo" and "Surround" to get it working. Sad, but true. 😞

If you find a solution, I will be grateful. 😮

xamoel
Level 7
That's odd, with the version before the latest it worked fine (or at least I never noticed).
That really sucks. How the hell can they not fix it!

kentukky
Level 7
I'm asking me too. Maybe this is a special problem with the sound chip or something in this way. Unfixable on software level... I don't know.
The funny thing is, that other soundcards also have the same issue. But, for example Asus Xonar D2X has a firmware update to fix channel swapping.

Anyway, did you try the old driver? Maybe it will work again for you.

ryuk1903
Level 7
Turning off the surround virtualizer and volume leveller in dolby fix this problem for now im not sure though.