cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX failing to display 10% battery warning and shutting off

Aekuryi
Level 7
Hello,

I've had my G75VX for about a year and a half now, and a little while ago, I started running into an issue. When I am running on battery and I am gaming, the system does not notify me I am running low on battery, and instead shuts off completely. The battery shouldn't be shot, I exercise it regularly and don't leave it on battery power longer than it needs to be. I've double-checked the relevant settings, and nothing seems to be turned off or incorrectly set.

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this, or will I just have to keep a closer eye on my battery from now on?
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
Try uninstalling thr ATK package, reboot and reinstall the latest version of the ATK package
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread, but has anyone managed to fix the problem? I have the exact issue.
I've tried reinstalling the ATK, but that just made things worse ("This program can only be executed on the ASUS computer” (P4G) and "unable to open ACPI ATK0100 kernel mode driver"). I had to go back to a restore point which fixed those issues, but the battery-problem was restored too. Am I missing a specific method as to installing the ATK? I'm not sure, but any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!

No there is no special way to install the ATK package. You may be due for a clean install. Also are you running the latest BIOS ? Asus Support Downloads
Sorry I'm not much help with this issue but if a reinstall won't fix it, it could be hardware.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

justinzon
Level 7
Dont rely on the power options in task bar.
Win7 has a new feature for more detailed info on your current battery health..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJUcwNazSyo

To be honest though even a fresh battery out of the box is just not reliable for gaming whilst on batter alone.
I have also found some games may not minimize or respond to my power saving situations like you would expect.
Great for browsing the web in power saving mode..
Bad for mobile gaming period.
Chek this thread also, very common issue..
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20327-Games-lagging-without-the-charger-is-it-normal

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
fyi.

If it is a hardware problem with the battery and always turning off at a certain percentage like 25%, you can also adjust the low-level battery warning in Windows under the advanced power settings to something like 35% so you have time to save your game and do whatever you need to before the system shuts off.

Hopefully, the battery doesn't degrade quickly and start shutting off at higher percentages or power off at random percentages or times which could also indicate a different problem with the unit not really related to the battery.