cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Hero USB issue

Varidn
Level 7
Hello, so I've installed the motherboard and everything appears to be working, but when I try to plug something into the USB 3.0 hubs on the top and the keyport/USB2.0 slots on the back of the board to get a keyboard working so I can access BIOS, but it does not register my keyboard at all. I have the USB 3.0 plugged into the MB, but I do not have anything plugged into the USB pin headers on the MB and am not sure if there's something I should have installed there. Also I am getting a QCode for A2. All help appreciated Images(blurry) below.

imgur.com/pExp6r3
3 REPLIES 3

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Varidn and Welcome to ROG. This may be a configuration in Bios issue. So can you access Bios?

Sometimes you have to use a PS2 key board if your USB connection does not work. I once had this happen when installing a new USB connected keyboard and the function key >delete< wasn't being recognized. Just a thought!!
Qcode A2 is IDE detect, so not recognizing your drives more than likely. (Check all connections to correct SATA ports)

When in Bios:
Check that ASMedia is enabled for USB choices.
Go to >Advanced< and check >PCH storage configuration< for IDE or AHCI choices.
Go into your Bios >Boot
Your image link does not work btw.

Hope this helps.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Hi,

I had the exact same problem with my USB keyboard. The fix for me was to put the usb keyboard into the keybot slot (next to ps/2) and press the keybot button on the motherboard. Upon booting the keyboard should be able to enter the bios.

Iron
Level 7
A2 isnt a error code. Try the way that neegal explained or enable usb support on booting into bios. Notice; many keyboards dont work with usb 3.0 port.