PCIe Lane LEDs

slhg5200
Level 7
Hello
I am from Germany.
Sorry for my bad english.
i have a Problem with the Rampage V.
My PCIe Lane LEDs were nont lighting.
On sartup the board they do light up short and then they go out.
My graficcard is an ASUS Mars 760.
IS this an dualgpucard Problem or is my board defective.
Greetings
Helge
7 REPLIES 7

Thanks for the answer.
On my R4BE the lane leds lights up with the same card.
Is my board really working correctly ?
Is this an X99 mistake ?
Would the lane leds light up with an single gpu card ?

Thanks for our help

Helge

The board is unfortunately defective. The PCI-e LEDs must be lit when the corresponding slot is occupied. This is providing that the switch is in ON position.

If there is no light, there is no compliance with what is stated in the manual. The fault like this could be an indication of more serious issues which will develop with time.

xixou
Level 9
Light indicates where to position the cards for best multi gfx cards configurations.

This is an option to be setr using the jumper and there is also an option in the bios.

Check those

slhg5200
Level 7
Hello.
Both Cards (ROG Mars 760) are seen in the bios as x16 native in Slot 1 + 3.
In Windows i have 4 GTX760 (Quad SLI) as GEN3
The System runs with out Problem during the Win7 instalation and in normal condishions.
Games (Farcry4) runs also in SLI with out trouble.
Is my board really defective ?
Is the anybody with this board and the same dualcard who the Lane LEDs lights up
I have no single gpucard to test the LEDs.
Thanks.

D_S_O_
Level 7
My problems started shortly after the PCI-e LEDs went out. I have noticed that through the window in my case. The lights are quite bright and went out when I was downloading updates from Blizzard. I had no problems booting up till that day.

My computer started developing problems and now I have to replace the board. It is a hardware issue.

D_S_O_
Level 7
R5E is an expensive board. For the amount of money, it has to work as prescribed in the manual. I am surprised with people accepting defects just because the other features are working O.K.

Please consider the board's very complex multilayer design and how many features were accommodated there. All elements of the design are impacting each other. If something goes wrong in one area, there is a high probability that it will change how the associated parts work.

Also, if you put together a system comprising of non defective components, the system should work fine with the automatic settings and without a need of the manual adjustments.

This is, after all, an overclockers' board and should be robust enough to withstand quite a bit of stress. If an element of the board is becoming defective only after a few weeks of use, it tells about the manufacturing quality.