cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clean install

psygorn
Level 7
im planing on a clean install for my g751jt with windows 8.1 does belarc advisor works to find the product key? or is their any documentation where i can find my product key? and also is a 250 gig ssd enough for the windows 8.1?
and will any windows 8.1 disk would be enough or do i need to get a specific copy?
thank you in advance
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
Not sure about Belarc there are several out there to find your Product numbers. However unless your going to upgrade to Pro or MC, download the ISO from Microsofthttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media unless you have pro download the Windows 8.1 Core 64 bit, on a clean install it will pick up your embedded Product Key.
a 256gb SSD is optimum for your OS drive. You get the best speed and still small enough to make Images quickly. You will even have plenty of room for your major program For Me I have Office 2007, CS4 and all major software on my C:\ 256 GB Samsung 850.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

psygorn
Level 7
how will it pick up the embedded product key if im using a clean hard drive? is the product key not stored in the hdd?