cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aquaero controllers

wollax
Level 7
hallo, is anyone using aquaero fan controller with this mainboard ? I have an old aquaero 4, and the usb connection is not working ... usb 1.1 hub hid standard .... but is not recognised and the software cannot communicate with the device ...

I think I have to upgrade to a newer controller version, like aquaero 5 or 6, which use usb 2 hid to communicate with OS/sw, is anyone out there already connected a newer aquaero device with R5E ?

thanks
4 REPLIES 4

SpoonerUK
Level 7
Aquaero 5 XT in my box, monitoring flow rate and coolant temp from gfx cards, and coolant temp from cpu.

I do find the software to be flakey though.
Rampage V Extreme || i7 5960x (127.5x28) || EKWB Cooling for CPU & GPUs || 8x4GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 2800 || 3x 3gb Asus GTX780 || 4x Samsung 840 250GB || Pioneer BDRW || ROG Xonar Phoebus || Corsair AX1500i PSU || Aquaero 5 XT || Lamptron 6 Channel Fan Controller || Razer Blackwidow Ultimate || Logitech G500s || Mountainmods.com - Ascension MASSIVE Chassis || 21x Coolermaster 120mm Fans

SpoonerUK wrote:
Aquaero 5 XT in my box, monitoring flow rate and coolant temp from gfx cards, and coolant temp from cpu.

I do find the software to be flakey though.

thanks for your comment! so you inserted the version 5 controller to the main board usb 2 connection, correct ? no problem detecting it with the aquasuite sw?

am trying to run aquaero 6 pro usb with asus rampage V extreme mobo. See only USB 2.0 10 pin connectors on Rampage V mobo. USB 2.0 connectors (10-1 pin USB 1112; USB 1314. The aquaero 6 has a USB 5 pin. Can I connect only the top row of the mobo 10 pin connector, using mobo top row 5 pins= 5V+, P14+,P14-, GND, NC to connect mobo to aquaero 6. or, Is it not possible to connect the Rampage V extreme mobo to the aquaero 6 5 pin connector.. maybe aquaero can not be used with asus rampage V mobo. Help. also, how to change fan speeds using the aquaero 6 faceplate buttons. Can use aquero software if I can use a USB connection. So far, fan are connected to aquaero but all running at 100 percent very lound speed. fans are pwm noctua.

Zarathustraa
Level 7
I would just update to the 6 for the additional pump and fan support. (7 be nearing release, though) You could try some type of a USB 1.1 to 2 converter. Ask on the Aquaero thread at Overclock.net. Diva might be able to help you.