cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry text

Caporale
Level 7
Add me to the list of ROG Swift owners who got the blurry text problem.

It's been fine for over 3 months, but today, the text is blurry. I tried to go on Asus's site to get an RMA, and even the website doesn't work (it times out). Even though this monitor had a questionable backlight and a dark spot in the corner of the screen, I let it go because it didn't have any dead pixels, but this is just getting absurd. $800 TN monitors shouldn't have problems like this.

I'll be letting everyone I know to avoid this monitor and future Asus monitors, because quality control is obviously not a concern.
6 REPLIES 6

zimzoid
Level 10
Hi sorry your having issues can i ask what graphics card drivers you are using? My swift is almost perfect no back-light bleed or blurry text everything just works and the colours are so much better than the Asus VG278HE 1080p 144hz panel i had before, so far very impressed with this screen.
4930k/Corsair H110i GT: Rampage IV Black ED motherboard: Gskill 4x4GB 2133MHZ 10 11 11 30 1T: CM V1200w Platinum psu: 2x EVGA GTX980Ti SC ACX++: SoundBlaster Zx: Logitech Z906 5.1-channel speaker system: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD: 1tb WD Black HD/512GB WD Black HD: Asus Swift 144HZ 3D 2560x1440 Display: QNIX QX2710 Evolution II 2560x1440 matte PLS display: Corsair Vengence K70 mechanical keyboard: Corsair M45 mouse: Thermaltake Core V71 full tower Case: Windows 10 64bit

seallone
Level 7
same problem here, ive used 780ti and 980 gtx , my gaming since i got this monitor has been crap, thinking it was just the drivers. now ive just got my 980s, i now know it the swift, look here. 44325

I would suspect you would get more concise help with your issue if you didn't spam the forums by posting this same thing on 7 different threads.

seallone wrote:
same problem here, ive used 780ti and 980 gtx , my gaming since i got this monitor has been crap, thinking it was just the drivers. now ive just got my 980s, i now know it the swift, look here.

When you had this problem, for 3 month's with no help from nvidia or asus, and spent £5000 on hardware. that dont work. what would you do ?
Still had no reply from asus, for RMA. All nvidia has done up to yet is release GeForce Hotfix driver 344.80, still got the problem.

So is it 980 sli the problem, diplayport problem ?
is it driver problem ?
is it a rog swift problem. ? Harware what can not be used. Yu be pissed.
After 10 years of useing NVIDIA and asus harware. It been a really bad 4 months. useing this hardware. Im gutterd. Thats ALL would like some HELP. WITH BLACK SCREENING AND FUZZY TEXT.

CPU make and model: INTELL 4930
Amount of system memory: CORSAIR 16 GB 2133
Motherboard make and model ASUS X79 BLACK EDITION
Motherboard BIOS version: BIOS 0801
Monitor(s) make and model: PANASONIC AX800 MST 4K DISPLAYPORT 1.2
ASUS ROG GSYNC 2560X1440 DISPLAYPORT 1.2
Sound card make and model ASUS EXTERNAL USB AMP AND DAC.
GRAPHICS CARD GIGABIT 980 G1 1367MHZ SLI
DRIVER GeForce Hotfix driver 344.80

GeForce GTX 980 displays texture shimmering when Texture Filtering Quality set to High Quality.
GPU outputs fuzzy lines over DisplayPort after a period of time following driver updates.
System hang up and black screen after power on with some monitors (DP1.2 & 4K/60Hz) + GTX980

OS WINDOWS 8.1
OVERCLOCK NONE

mdzcpa wrote:
I would suspect you would get more concise help with your issue if you didn't spam the forums by posting this same thing on 7 different threads.

Are you an administrator?

Daddy_arcanjo
Level 7
Same problem over here 😞 after 2 months using the monitor without problems the flickering and the blurry text appeared 😞 , the thing is if i uninstall nvidia drivers the monitor gets back to normal and the second i install the nvidia driver ( tried the last 3 released nvidia drivers) the problem returns ... i´ll send mine to rma aswell coz Asus & Nvidia don´t have any idea of what´s going on .